Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Stick help.
Evo-king

USB Stick help.

I was reading the other thread about USB sticks and saw the Fatsorter reference.

I've managed to kill a 4gbUSB stick.

It was used in my Punto, so it had Eco Drive info and music files, put it into my iMac to tidy up some music and noticed some duplicate songs, so I deleted those song and the whole thing crashed.

The stick doesn't read in anything now. It's no big loss if it can't be rectified, but just wondered if there is a solution.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-08-2012 03:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: USB Stick help.

Not sure what you mean by Crashed? If you were using a PC I could help, but Macs are a law unto themselves, ITunes is like the uncontrollable force to wreak havoc on your music files.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-08-2012 05:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have had the same problem with a 20Gb stick that I put into a Windows 2003 PC and now I cannot access that stick Evo. I have an Imac and a macbook Air and that stick will not work in either, but it will work in my father's laptop running Windows 7 and my mother's laptop running Vista, so i assume the Windows OS has done something to the file format

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2012 09:33pm
Evo-king

The iMac froze, couldn't access the program running or the USB. Shut everything down. Restarted and USB unuseable. Tried everything I could think of. Gave it to my Son who work in IT from a big Insurance company.

He couldn't do anything with it, so I thought I would just try you folks.

Probably chuck it in the bin tomorrow.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-08-2012 10:56pm
PhilSkill

If it will come up as a drive in explorer, you could try to reformat it, If nothing happens when you plug it in then it may have failed and probably just easier to replace given the costs of them.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
25-08-2012 11:00pm
MrDavidOgle

This might not be what you're looking for but ... If you cant shuffle when listening to songs on your USB/Flash drive? I have the answer! I built a File Shuffler for audio songs on an USB drive. Its a small user friendly windows application that simply changes the order of your files. Download and install from here http://www.OgleServices.com/ShuffleMP3onUSB.zip. I've also attached it to this reply. Feel free to contact me for any questions. Dave Ogle DOgle@OgleServices.com Please send me some feedback if this helps you!

Attached File(s)
.zip  ShuffleMP3onUSB.zip (Size: 311.94 KB / Downloads: 2)
12-09-2012 11:04pm
Bessiebella

What program are people using to save song to memory stick, I have used Microsoft player & the iTunes file & synced the memory stick, but it will only play 1 song after redoing it 2 or 3 time it works ok but every time I add anything I get same problem
Can any one surgested a better way
I'm not very good with gadgets lol
23-11-2012 01:25pm
PhilSkill

You mention Microsoft Player, so assuming you are using Windows, not Mac?

In windows the easiest way is to put the stick into the computer USB and it will come up as a drive folder, then using Windows Explorer you locate your music (probably in the Music Libraries folder) and copy the files (should be <filename>.MP3 or <filename>.wma)... you can drag the music file onto the drive folder on the USB stick, you should see some copying progress as it'll take a few seconds.

There are probably ways within Media Player to save files to USB, but copying them manually is genrally just as easy...

If you're using a Mac then it's different...

(This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 02:33pm by PhilSkill.)
23-11-2012 02:14pm
NightFox

(23-11-2012 02:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  You mention Microsoft Player, so assuming you are using Windows, not Mac?

In windows the easiest way is to put the stick into the computer USB and it will come up as a drive folder, then using Windows Explorer you locate your music (probably in the Music Libraries folder) and copy the files (should be <filename>.MP3 or <filename>.wma)... you can drag the music file onto the drive folder on the USB stick, you should see some copying progress as it'll take a few seconds.

There are probably ways within Media Player to save files to USB, but copying them manually is genrally just as easy...

If you're using a Mac then it's different...

Agree this is by far the simplest way, the only thing is you miss out on the syncing feature that software like iTunes or WMP can bring to the party, where you can just create a playlist on your computer and it will update your USB stick to reflect any changes you make to your playlist every time you connect it.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
23-11-2012 02:49pm