Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Software update
Onebigjobby

Software update

Hi does anyone know if LR plan a 2012 general software update for the evoque, or for the Satnav?
Can they even update the software on my Evoque? and lastly how do you update the software on the Satnav, is it via Cd or do i have to take it in to LR?
many thanks
Onebigjobby
26-01-2012 11:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

RE: Software update

there is a thread here which could be of interest to you...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-List-...pdate-List

i am still not sure if the possible suggested future improvements to software discussed here, would only be available to new cars, or could be added to our cars as a upgrade through cd/usb or dealer?

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
26-01-2012 01:55pm
dandavis1

To be fair that link is to a suggested list made up by a bunch of random Internet saddos. But I can't believe LR R&D don't have a similar list going.

I would be surprised if they don't offer a software update for the Evoque (like I get for my Mac, iPhone, TV, printer, bluray player, PS3, TomTom, iPad, iPod etc etc)
26-01-2012 02:57pm
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 02:57pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  To be fair that link is to a suggested list made up by a bunch of random Internet saddos. But I can't believe LR R&D don't have a similar list going.

I would be surprised if they don't offer a software update for the Evoque (like I get for my Mac, iPhone, TV, printer, bluray player, PS3, TomTom, iPad, iPod etc etc)

and where do you think LR are going to get their list from? the ultra efficient service departments or their super knowledgable dealers?
26-01-2012 03:40pm
dandavis1

(26-01-2012 03:40pm)WB Wrote:  and where do you think LR are going to get their list from? the ultra efficient service departments or their super knowledgable dealers?

No, you're right, they're undoubtedly going to cancel all their research and listen to a single list compiled by an apparent bunch of moaning net nerds who, for all they know, don't even actually own an Evoque.
26-01-2012 06:16pm
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 06:16pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  No, you're right, they're undoubtedly going to cancel all their research and listen to a single list compiled by an apparent bunch of moaning net nerds who, for all they know, don't even actually own an Evoque.

LOL - if their research/testing/engineering/design was better half the complaint wouldn't arise... and by the way I think you do a fair portion of the moaning on this site Wink

LR are very much in to customer feedback and hold customer clinics and events to gather feedback from real owners. Why would they do that if they think they can work it all out on their own!?
26-01-2012 06:24pm
PhilSkill

Software basics. Listen to your users...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-01-2012 01:02am