babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Software update - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Software update (/Thread-Software-update--2841)

Software update - Onebigjobby - 26-01-2012 11:49am

Hi does anyone know if LR plan a 2012 general software update for the evoque, or for the Satnav?
Can they even update the software on my Evoque? and lastly how do you update the software on the Satnav, is it via Cd or do i have to take it in to LR?
many thanks
Onebigjobby

RE: Software update - Rootsboy - 26-01-2012 01:55pm

there is a thread here which could be of interest to you...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-List-of-Suggested-Improvements-was-2012-Software-Update-List

i am still not sure if the possible suggested future improvements to software discussed here, would only be available to new cars, or could be added to our cars as a upgrade through cd/usb or dealer?

RE: Software update - dandavis1 - 26-01-2012 02:57pm

To be fair that link is to a suggested list made up by a bunch of random Internet saddos. But I can't believe LR R&D don't have a similar list going.

I would be surprised if they don't offer a software update for the Evoque (like I get for my Mac, iPhone, TV, printer, bluray player, PS3, TomTom, iPad, iPod etc etc)

RE: Software update - WB - 26-01-2012 03:40pm

(26-01-2012 02:57pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  To be fair that link is to a suggested list made up by a bunch of random Internet saddos. But I can't believe LR R&D don't have a similar list going.

I would be surprised if they don't offer a software update for the Evoque (like I get for my Mac, iPhone, TV, printer, bluray player, PS3, TomTom, iPad, iPod etc etc)

and where do you think LR are going to get their list from? the ultra efficient service departments or their super knowledgable dealers?

RE: Software update - dandavis1 - 26-01-2012 06:16pm

(26-01-2012 03:40pm)WB Wrote:  and where do you think LR are going to get their list from? the ultra efficient service departments or their super knowledgable dealers?

No, you're right, they're undoubtedly going to cancel all their research and listen to a single list compiled by an apparent bunch of moaning net nerds who, for all they know, don't even actually own an Evoque.

RE: Software update - WB - 26-01-2012 06:24pm

(26-01-2012 06:16pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  No, you're right, they're undoubtedly going to cancel all their research and listen to a single list compiled by an apparent bunch of moaning net nerds who, for all they know, don't even actually own an Evoque.

LOL - if their research/testing/engineering/design was better half the complaint wouldn't arise... and by the way I think you do a fair portion of the moaning on this site Wink

LR are very much in to customer feedback and hold customer clinics and events to gather feedback from real owners. Why would they do that if they think they can work it all out on their own!?

RE: Software update - PhilSkill - 27-01-2012 01:02am

Software basics. Listen to your users...