Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memory seats - maddening!
DynamiqueDan

Memory seats - maddening!

I hate them I really do.

My wife has memory setting 1 and I have set mine to memory setting 3. I drive the car 90% of the time so why can't it remember what the last setting was?

It seems that every time I get in the car it will move to a random setting, sometime something like my wifes seating position, sometimes mine and sometimes as if it is expecting Peter Crouch to be driving!

So most of the time when I get in the car I have to hold down memory button 3 for about 10secs while it goes back to the setting it always should have been.

Frankly it is so annoying I would much rather just have manual adjustment! It got me thinking though, is everybody's car like this or have I got a faulty system.
29-06-2012 10:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Memory seats - maddening!

Sounds faulty.
1 press of either my button, or the wifes correctly sets the seat, either driver or passenger.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-06-2012 10:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

Not working as it should! Seat should drop when the door is opened when exiting. Should certainly return to the setting that was last used when entering the vehicle next time.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
29-06-2012 10:30pm
Ranger4

Haven't ever noticed my seats moving. They stay in a single memory position all the time and only change if I press a different memory setting.

Is this a coupe thing?

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
29-06-2012 10:37pm
The Valeter

I'm sure mine don't allways go back to the same position either.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
29-06-2012 10:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamiqueDan

The seats always go down when car is stopped and door is opened, this is what they are supposed to do yes? they just don't always return to the proper position!

Also, when I press the button I have to hold it down until it is fully set, is this correct? as soon as i lift of half way through it stops in that position.
30-06-2012 07:45am
RacingSnake

try a quick press of the button instead of holding it at all? I haven't tried it, but sometimes "buttons" have dual functions where if you press and hold, it willl only move for that time.... the roof blind for example works this way.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
30-06-2012 08:40am
Evo-king

Seat always goes down for exit. If someone else has driven the car when I get back in I hold down 1 until it stops adjusting the seat.

Seems to work OK for me.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-06-2012 10:47am
Coolbanana

My car is set at 1 for me, 2 for my wife and 3 for my Dad. The passenger seat is set at 1 for my wife and both kids have chosen a preference for 2 and 3.

In all cases, the seat lowers on exit and returns to the previous setting when the car is restarted. One touch of any of the memory buttons changes it to that setting. No bother, no fuss. Works perfectly.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
30-06-2012 11:16am
DaveR

the lowering and raising of the seat on tu
rning off/ on the car is in the menu options as easy entry/exit or something similar.

mine is turned on and I have to say I don't think it always returns to the exact same place when I get back in the car.

I will pay a bit more attention to it and confirm.
30-06-2012 02:58pm