Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mauritius Prestige - 1 week old - thoughts
Straydox

Mauritius Prestige - 1 week old - thoughts

I have had the RRE a week now, most of which has been grey and damp - but the sun has come out today, so here is the one week in update.

1) Mauritius Blue is a strange colour, on dull days it is almost a pastel blue - kind of a soft soapy colour. Today under bright sunshine it just comes alive and has flecks or sparkling dark blue/purple that just glistens. I now understand why the colour looks so different in many pictures.

2) Comfort - superb I love the seats, I've not experienced the right bolster pain that has been reported and I'm fairly lardy - 35" waist too (OK, working on itVery Happy)

3) Ride quaility - it's firm side of soft with the trade-off that it corners very flatly with almost no body roll, I can take corners quicker in the Evoque than I could in the A5 Cabrio. It's very impressive. On normal roads, Meridian off, it is very quiet.

4) Door mirrors/view/noise - I was worried about th 'Big Ears' blocking my view - sitting a little higher and seeing over the top of them removes the blind spot issue for me. Also I haven't experienced any wind noise issues motorway speeds either.

I noted when I washed the car at the weekend - late Sunday evening that the doors have the most elaboate seals and mouldings I have ever seen - some are even a kind of synthetic suede and quite a few weird shapes. There is real evidence of a lot of sound proofing and possibly water ingress prevention having taken place.

5) Fuel economy - a first for me, the average fuel economy function on Trip A reads low - it claimed 34mpg for the first 300 miles, it actually did 37.4. All the Audi's read high. The engine feels quite tight though has loosened up a bit now I'm at the 600 mile mark - I reckon getting into the low 40s is going to be possible.

6) Meridian 825 - its growing on me, very subtle mid-range and astonishing bass for a standard car system - and because the sub is under the driver's seat you can really feel it too. The USB sound has worked perfectly - takes a full minute to get going (60GB SSD in a caddy with dual USB).

7) Voice controls that really work - I haven't even had to train it.

Eight) Drove it for the 1st time in the dark last night - what a visual treat, the interior lighting is top notch and feels very special - the puddle lamps off the mirrors and the concept image are just so OTT it makes me smile

9) Have used the LR proper bootliner for real - it is worth the money and is beautifully designed to do the job.

10) One grumble - the pano roof shade drum in the rear rattles when the blind is closed - adding tension to the roller by moving the blind back an inch stops it - one for the dealer.

11) The Carmats4u rubber mats work a treat - and cover the under pedal area well.

Pictures will follow I promise! Its an amazing vehicle and was worth the 6 month wait.Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2012 06:19pm by Straydox.)
22-05-2012 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Mauritius Prestige - 1 week old - thoughts

Great to hear you think so much of it Straydox, hope you get as much pleasure out of driving yours as I do out driving mine

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-05-2012 08:00pm
Ianpembs

Congrats sounds great I still 3 months to wait ordered a OG but really fancy the Mauritius Blue so look forward to some pics.... One question do you have the normal suspension or the adaptive suspension as it sounds you more than happy with what you have. Enjoy
22-05-2012 09:14pm
THEMACS

Congratulations, Glad you are enjoying it so much!Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
22-05-2012 09:19pm
KaDargo

Agree on the Mauritius - fantastic colour !
I washed mine at the weekend, and I chose the 20" wheels purely for the purpose of being able to get my hands right in and clean thoroughly Very Happy
The ride is nice and firm and it handles beautifully

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
22-05-2012 10:25pm
broady43

(22-05-2012 09:19pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Congratulations, Glad you are enjoying it so much!Very Happy

If it was a pure would you react in the same wayLaughing

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
22-05-2012 10:41pm
Straydox

(22-05-2012 09:14pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Congrats sounds great I still 3 months to wait ordered a OG but really fancy the Mauritius Blue so look forward to some pics.... One question do you have the normal suspension or the adaptive suspension as it sounds you more than happy with what you have. Enjoy

Normal suspension - AD is only different dampers (shock absorbers in old money).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
22-05-2012 11:22pm
Ianpembs

(22-05-2012 11:22pm)Straydox Wrote:  Normal suspension - AD is only different dampers (shock absorbers in old money).

Cheers for that saw AD was an option on the prestige but during test drive I found standard dampers more than adequate for my driving so good to have it confirmed I ll have to stop visiting this site as getting tempted my more options and def confused on colour now. Roll on point of no return.

OG?? Prestige, style 4 wheels, pano roof, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, mud flaps fore and aft
22-05-2012 11:55pm
THEMACS

(22-05-2012 10:41pm)broady43 Wrote:  If it was a pure would you react in the same wayLaughing

Not if it was yours!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
28-05-2012 09:07pm
QUEEVO

great feedback Straydox - thanks...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
29-05-2012 12:00am