Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maiden Voyage.
Evo-king

Maiden Voyage.

Although we collected the car on Friday, it has sat on our drive until today.

Too busy with post holiday chores plus a bit of reading up of the manual.

Anyhow we went on an 80 mile outing today, standing water everywhere, mainly A & B roads with a little motorway blast. There was a hint of external noise coming in the cabin, I think this was mainly tyre roar and didn't notice too much noise emanating from the mirrors.

When you have to use it, the reversing camera seems quite practical, on the test drives I thought it was a gimmick, now I think it is essential.

The other thing that initially stood out was because of the damp and cold conditions I used the max defrost button on the top left side of the climate control settings. Thought I would get max blower function, not front and rear screen heaters as well, that's going to be really useful come winter.

Found it a touch claustrophobic to start off, lack of glass, but soon got into the flow of things.

Didn't find the elephant ear wing mirrors getting in the way.

Handling and all round driving was a pleasure, tinkered with Dynamic setting, can understand how it changes things, but to be fair conditions were that bad it wasn't a really press on driving style of day, more Mr Cautious.

Ride comfort was excellent, love the Dynamic seats, happy with the quality/output of the sound system using both CD and DAB Radio.

I think it it going to take a little more time to feel really at one with the manual box, but fortunately didn't stall, crunch the gears or miss a cog.

Then it was time to hand over the reigns to SWMBO, quick run through of the controls and off again, high heels (de rigueur) for ladies, meant her left heel was catching the front edge of the footwell mat, my suggestion about wearing sensible footwear next time was almost met with a slap around the head.

Anyhow she drove it quite comfortably, seemed to be happy with all the features and ease of driving plus was impressed with the higher driver position, me thinks the Lady loves it.

On the return, she chose to go a slightly different route home which avoided narrow roads, but other than that a great trip out.

Finally, I am aware of the Trip A, B and Auto function, but can only summon up Trip A.

Any suggestions.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-04-2012 04:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Maiden Voyage.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Right click and the rhs button set on the steering wheel and then go into Trip and you can select the trip you then wish to see at the top level.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 05:04pm by cjfp.)
29-04-2012 05:03pm
Evo-king

(29-04-2012 05:03pm)cjfp Wrote:  Glad you enjoyed it.

Right click and the rhs button set on the steering wheel and then go into Trip and you can select the trip you then wish to see at the top level.

cjfp

Thanks for that, just checked it out, easy when you know how, doh.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-04-2012 05:24pm
ChuckieB

(29-04-2012 05:24pm)Evo-king Wrote:  cjfp

Thanks for that, just checked it out, easy when you know how, doh.

What you been doing all this time while you've been waiting? Thought you would have had the on line manual memorised!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
29-04-2012 06:06pm
Donny Dog

(29-04-2012 04:58pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Finally, I am aware of the Trip A, B and Auto function, but can only summon up Trip A.

Any suggestions.

You might find the other option (trip auto) useful, as, once you're in that setting, it resets everything each trip without you cancelling, including your mpg and current journey elapsed miles. If you do want to add your previous journey (for example if you've stopped for petrol, or stopped before returning the same way later, and want to know the whole total) you can do so by pressing and holding the left hand stalk as directed.
29-04-2012 06:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When I saw the title of this thread I thought somebody had resurrected this one from Sept 10 2011.........
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-maiden-voyage

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 07:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2012 07:08pm
Evo-king

Nice one Tim, I chose the title on two counts, first journey and todays weather.

29-04-2012 07:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Weather? It's been a superb day - clear blue skies and no rain what could be better?
Here is what I have had to put up with all day................
[Image: file-33.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-04-2012 07:46pm
PhilSkill

That's tough Tim, but someones got to put up with it... Been pouring all day here, floods even though we're in drought!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-04-2012 08:35pm
cjfp

Philskill - Your butts must be well overflowing today ! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-04-2012 08:37pm