Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY16 Double fin
AndyFrance

MY16 Double fin

Seen a few photograph's of MY16's appearing in UK showroom's. Not sure I'm happy about the double fin. Would like to have known about it before I placed the order.......Perhaps they're embarrassed about it?

I need to see it in the flesh before I know for sure that I can live with it, but from the pic's it look's absurd for such a stylish car.

This could be a deal breaker for me. I'm not stumping up that much cash to drive around in a car with a bottle opener on the roof.

Anyone know if it's fitted to all model's, or only for model's with wifi package?

Cheers
31-08-2015 05:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

RE: MY16 Double fin

Phew! I hope I'm not mistaken, but it appears you get the 'Double fin' when you order the incontrol 3G connect pack. .....As my kid's would say...........3G.........Sooo last year!
31-08-2015 06:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

3G might be sooo last year, but it hasn't yet reached many parts of Scotland outside of the bigger cities. Forget Cable TV and as for Fibre Optic Internet................. you have to live out on the remoter islands of the Hebrides to have a phone exchange modern enough to get that! So no point in speccing your new Evoque with Incontrol 3G up here then.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-08-2015 06:59pm
AndyFrance

(31-08-2015 06:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  3G might be sooo last year, but it hasn't yet reached many parts of Scotland outside of the bigger cities. Forget Cable TV and as for Fibre Optic Internet................. you have to live out on the remoter islands of the Hebrides to have a phone exchange modern enough to get that! So no point in speccing your new Evoque with Incontrol 3G up here then.

It was tongue-in-cheek Tim. Same where we live. For the last 10 years we've had internet download speeds of sub 1GB due to old telephone cables, and France being France. Then, last month, our provider SFR somehow, don't know how, doubled our speed to 1.8GB. Still poor, but better than it was.

Back to the double fin. I would've thought it a design statement rather than a necessity for signal. Every gadget is getting smaller. Bet they could have buried the antenna's in the spoiler.
31-08-2015 07:15pm
Stadt Panzer

MY16 Double fin

1gb and now 1.8gb, really? That is super fast, if we are lucky we can get 10mb download speed and that's 4g!!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-09-2015 07:31am
AndyFrance

(01-09-2015 07:31am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  1gb and now 1.8gb, really? That is super fast, if we are lucky we can get 10mb download speed and that's 4g!!!

No Stadt, not really. I just checked the post and had written a 'G' instead of an 'M'. My mistake, sorry. I just did a speed test and it's dropped back down to just over 1mb.............I'm still sitting here laughing, even though the internet speed is at a snails pace.
01-09-2015 07:47am
XFullFatTim

In July I visited sunny Tilbury on the ship and used my iPad2 Air on 4G and couldn't believe how fast it is. I updated 21 apps in less than 5 minutes! I then went on to update 4 ECDIS Chart folios on my Transas iSailor app that are getting on for 700mb each in a similar time. I'm lucky to see 5mb/s and more often it is 8kb/s on my copper wire Plusnet connection at home ...................... If I had 4G that fast at home I would give up my land line connection

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-09-2015 09:02am
AndyFrance

Land line Tim?
We still use tin can's with string threaded through the bottom over here.
01-09-2015 09:10am
XFullFatTim

Seems to work OK with t'internet Andy! Wink

01-09-2015 09:15am
Tony

(01-09-2015 09:10am)AndyFrance Wrote:  Land line Tim?
We still use tin can's with string threaded through the bottom over here.

Same BT infrastucture on Skye but the strings always wet so our speed is lower!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-09-2015 09:42am