Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY13 specs revealed
LonnyGer

RE: MY13 specs revealed

(26-07-2012 11:38pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Scraper! Wink

Dont be embarrased, Sie gut English sprechen, Ich haben keine Deutsche!

Haha really goodLaughing. I have some relatives living in South Hampton, another point is that we made a very expensive dna test which came to the result that most dna parts matches with people nowadays living in wales Laughing.

But back to the topic, first i wanted to go for the 20" wheels in Style 7 Shadow Chrome Finish, my dealer told me that for the new my13 these wheels are not comparable to the wheel pressure control system, for my12 models these feature was combinable, so i decided for the 20" in Sparkle Silver Style 7.

He had absolutely no idea why they changed it, has anyone a clue?Rolling Eyes
27-07-2012 09:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rhysadams

The dealer I have ordered mine from, still hasn't come back to let me know how much extra I need to pay!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
01-08-2012 01:29pm
IKM

But back to the topic, first i wanted to go for the 20" wheels in Style 7 Shadow Chrome Finish, my dealer told me that for the new my13 these wheels are not comparable to the wheel pressure control system, for my12 models these feature was combinable, so i decided for the 20" in Sparkle Silver Style 7.

[/quote]
Hi, I have to show my lack of technical knowledge here by asking what's a "wheel pressure control system"? Thanks.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
01-08-2012 01:43pm
LonnyGer

(01-08-2012 01:43pm)IKM Wrote:  But back to the topic, first i wanted to go for the 20" wheels in Style 7 Shadow Chrome Finish, my dealer told me that for the new my13 these wheels are not comparable to the wheel pressure control system, for my12 models these feature was combinable, so i decided for the 20" in Sparkle Silver Style 7.

Hi, I have to show my lack of technical knowledge here by asking what's a "wheel pressure control system"? Thanks.

[/quote]

Ok, if you are serious i would love to explain it, but my guess is that you actually make fun of me, just because i used The incorrect word, its tyre, not wheel, ok sorry for that. But is it really necessary to make fun about my english skills, yeah im from germany, but at least im trying. If you are able to speak german The Way im able to speak english, lets Talk again Confused

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 03:54pm by LonnyGer.)
02-08-2012 03:50pm
NightFox

(02-08-2012 03:50pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Ok, if you are serious i would love to explain it, but my guess is that you actually make fun of me, just because i used The incorrect word, its tyre, not wheel, ok sorry for that. But is it really necessary to make fun about my english skills, yeah im from germany, but at least im trying. If you are able to speak german The Way im able to speak english, lets Talk again Confused

The way he asked it didn't actually sound like he was making fun, it really sounded like a genuine question to me. I guess misunderstandings between different language speakers aren't limited to just words...

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 04:07pm by NightFox.)
02-08-2012 04:06pm
IKM

(02-08-2012 03:50pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hi, I have to show my lack of technical knowledge here by asking what's a "wheel pressure control system"? Thanks.

Ok, if you are serious i would love to explain it, but my guess is that you actually make fun of me, just because i used The incorrect word, its tyre, not wheel, ok sorry for that. But is it really necessary to make fun about my english skills, yeah im from germany, but at least im trying. If you are able to speak german The Way im able to speak english, lets Talk again Confused

[/quote]
Hey, we're misunderstanding each other, I was being serious! Nothing wrong with your English, better than many native speakers! So can you kindly explain please, as I don't understand why the compatibility issue, and I'm going to be changing rims soon for winter? Thanks

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 04:11pm by IKM.)
02-08-2012 04:07pm
LonnyGer

(02-08-2012 04:07pm)IKM Wrote:  Ok, if you are serious i would love to explain it, but my guess is that you actually make fun of me, just because i used The incorrect word, its tyre, not wheel, ok sorry for that. But is it really necessary to make fun about my english skills, yeah im from germany, but at least im trying. If you are able to speak german The Way im able to speak english, lets Talk again Confused
Hey, we're misunderstanding each other, I was being serious! Nothing wrong with your English, better than many native speakers! So can you kindly explain please, as I don't understand why the compatibility issue, and I'm going to be changing rims soon for winter? Thanks

[/quote]

Hey this has gone way to far, i massivly overreacted Confused My deepest apologies for my assumptions.

Back to The topic, i orderd The tpms ( tyre pressure Monitoring System), The System is working by interacting with the air valves On the tyres. So this works fine for your summer tyres, as they are equipped with These special valves with tpms sensors. So if you are going for another brand, These tyres wont have the special valves.

So you if your Car has tpms you will Need special valves, even if you are going for a original set of wheels from lr, you have to mention, that your Car has tpms. Im not sure if you can Order them seperatly.

That's the issue.

Thx for the compliment reffering to my english skills.

Again:Sorry

P.S. If you have tpms and tyres without lr sensor valves, you will have a permanent error message in the System. Something like tpms defect

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 07:06pm by LonnyGer.)
02-08-2012 07:04pm
IKM

@LonnyGer, thanks for that. So I'll write the TPMS off for the winter. Just hope the rims fit! Good that we're back on an even keel, and look forward to many happy posts. Cheers.

02-08-2012 08:45pm
LonnyGer

(02-08-2012 08:45pm)IKM Wrote:  @LonnyGer, thanks for that. So I'll write the TPMS off for the winter. Just hope the rims fit! Good that we're back on an even keel, and look forward to many happy posts. Cheers.

Hm, not sure if you have to write tpms off for winter. For example my father ownes an all new xj, he got the valves installed by his jag dealer, on tyres that weren't equipped with the special valves. I would in fact contact the lr dealer, describe the issue and would ask him for the an installation of tpms valve for your tyres.

When my car arrives I will do the same.Very Happy.

Hopefully the waiting time won't be to long, I ordered on the 6th of July and got the information that the car is expected for December or January. Is this realistic?

I had a look on the internet for winter tyres. Complete set with Pirelli scorpion ice snow for about 1.600 Euro, don't want to spend much more, according to a car that costs 72.000 Euro, jeez that's the prize of an nice configurated jaguar xf Smile

02-08-2012 09:02pm
PhilSkill

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Good-news...MS+warning

Worth reading!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-08-2012 11:07pm