Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MLR Service Notification
mklam90

MLR Service Notification

Hi all

Have any of you guys bought your Evoque and had it service at MLR? Because my first service is due soon (says on the windscreen sticker), and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wait for them to call me or should I give them a call to book it in? Thanks heaps.

Michael

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
25-03-2014 04:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: MLR Service Notification

I'd call them and get a booking in their diary.

Put it this way... if you go over any defined warranty period for mileage/time without getting it serviced, and then try to claim the Dealership didn't contact you when it was due, will not likely be an excuse that will get your Warranty re-instated.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-03-2014 02:04pm
mklam90

(25-03-2014 02:04pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I'd call them and get a booking in their diary.

Put it this way... if you go over any defined warranty period for mileage/time without getting it serviced, and then try to claim the Dealership didn't contact you when it was due, will not likely be an excuse that will get your Warranty re-instated.

In that case I'll give them a call tomorrow to book it in, thanks for the advice.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
25-03-2014 02:22pm
Mark^^

Good luck in expecting a JLR dealer to ring you to arrange a service. I cannot even get them to ring me when a warranty part comes in. The worst dealer network I have had experiences with was Ford dealers services and so far my local JLR dealer is not far behind.

My last car was a Subaru and I have nothing but praise for the local dealer. The buying experience at my local dealer was great but the whole experience with the service department is certainly a let down.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
27-03-2014 09:21am
mklam90

(27-03-2014 09:21am)Mark^^ Wrote:  Good luck in expecting a JLR dealer to ring you to arrange a service. I cannot even get them to ring me when a warranty part comes in. The worst dealer network I have had experiences with was Ford dealers services and so far my local JLR dealer is not far behind.

My last car was a Subaru and I have nothing but praise for the local dealer. The buying experience at my local dealer was great but the whole experience with the service department is certainly a let down.

I would have thought with premium brand such as Land Rover they would at least email or call you in regards to servicing. My last car was a Honda Civic and when services were due, they bombarded me with SMSs, emails and when I didn't reply they would send me letters.

27-03-2014 10:25am
PhilSkill

Depends on the dealership... If they need business suddenly they will bombard you with calls to get your business... you are after all their income and without you they have no business, if they have enough business they wont need to chase you.

Some Dealerships will also have an auto text service based on when you had it serviced there last time.

I was supposed to get a call from my previous sales girl for a test drive in the MY2014 when they had one in, I've since decided not to bother yet till they get new engines. But I never got a call... and if they are run off their feet with customers, why would they chase me? If she has nothing to do or couldn't meet her monthly quota I bet i'll get a call in a shot.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-03-2014 05:49pm
andrewcui

I got my Evoque from MLR and I get a reminder from them via SMS that i'm due for a service.

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
28-03-2014 12:31am
mklam90

Few days ago, just as I pressed the start button I saw a glimpse of the small display with a notice, something along the line of "xxxx km, contact for service in xx days" Would anyone know how to get back to that notice screen? It was my first time seeing it. As soon as the car was started, the notice was gone, and I can't get it to come up since.

30-03-2014 08:32am
Mark^^

Mine is coming up to its first service. At 2,600km from 26,000km it appears at start up and shut down. Today it also had x,000km to service and with the words 21 days to service when it started up. So no need to for the service people to ring, the car tells you, initially when its getting close in distance than then a bit later in days.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
30-03-2014 08:46am
mklam90

(30-03-2014 08:46am)Mark^^ Wrote:  Mine is coming up to its first service. At 2,600km from 26,000km it appears at start up and shut down. Today it also had x,000km to service and with the words 21 days to service when it started up. So no need to for the service people to ring, the car tells you, initially when its getting close in distance than then a bit later in days.

So would the notice screen come up again when closer to service day? It's not there anymore since I saw it a few days ago. My first service is either April or 20,000km, whichever comes first. I have only done about 11,000km.

30-03-2014 08:53am