Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Losing interest ?
Belvoirbloke

Losing interest ?

My neighbour commented he assumed the Evoke wasn’t selling well. His reasoning is we only ever see one or two per week on our local roads and this is in an area heaving in RR/LR cars, farmers etc etc.
I wonder if this might be an unrecognised problem for the future .. we are all high enthusiastic about our ordered cars, obviously. I wonder how many people are just not bothering to wait or order, just moving on buying X3 / Q3 alternatives due lack of assumed interest on the roads ?
any views ?

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 10:36am by Belvoirbloke.)
27-04-2012 10:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Losing interest ?

I have to admit that after 3 month point and my order not having got as far as factory allocation I did seriously consider X3/Q3 - the challenge being that both lack the design flair (read that as unimaginative) of the RRE and needed quite a few expensive options just to reach the base Pure spec.

The RRE is a much more common sight on the UK roads now - I seem to remember reading that back in January that there were 60,000 UK back-orders. Some sales will be existing LR users trading up/down to RRE (there are some on this forum) and many like myself are migrants from other brands.

Ultimately and especially for the more practical farming community the larger Freelander and other LR products are a bit more useful as load luggers.

Many buyers of the RRE are very style conscious and will be off when the next new 'must have' arrives on the block....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
27-04-2012 10:57am
Donny Dog

(27-04-2012 10:35am)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  My neighbour commented he assumed the Evoke wasn’t selling well. His reasoning is we only ever see one or two per week on our local roads and this is in an area heaving in RR/LR cars, farmers etc etc.
I wonder if this might be an unrecognised problem for the future .. we are all high enthusiastic about our ordered cars, obviously. I wonder how many people are just not bothering to wait or order, just moving on buying X3 / Q3 alternatives due lack of assumed interest on the roads ?
any views ?

If that were the case, there wouldn't be a long waiting list! They must be selling everything they're making, and they haven't exactly slowed down production recently.
27-04-2012 10:58am
Belvoirbloke

Dealer tells me 75-80pc of production going overseas ... so we don’t see many here. Given the gorgeous looks and home brand, there should be loads on the road here.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
27-04-2012 11:10am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is a very expensive car and LR are effectively controlling the UK supply by exporting most of production. I hope for residual values the restricted UK supply continues,I fr one don't want them to be as common as X type BMWs or Q3 or Q5. It was the same with RRS in 2005/2006 - they were as rare as hens teeth for the first 12-24 months now look at them, way too common!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-04-2012 11:32am
IKM

RRE becoming a regular sight up here in Aberdeen. I see at least 2 to 3 on the road to work every day - each way (all body types). But as stated by Tim, not quite as common yet as RRS or Freelanders. Ironically, I don't see many 2011/12 X3s or Q3s up here. Loads of Q5s.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
27-04-2012 11:45am
Blackseries

The first thing to say is long delivery times and long waiting lists = high residuals ... which for those that have or are about to get your Evoque is only good news.

Secondly the fact that discounts are already available on the Audi Q3 .... plus Audi have launched an RS edition (which Audi normally launches at the end of its life to create interest) shows that car is not doing as well as planned .... despite what dealers might tell you.

15-20% off an X1 is not uncommon.

X3 and Q5 are both on the same lead times as Evoque maybe slightly shorter if your prepared to take an odd spec pre ordered car. Both of these cars are in the same price bracket as Dynamic & Prestige Evoques.

Quick availability & lots on the road may seem a good thing but in this part of the market it means fleet sales, oversupply or no one wants your car....... not good for the owner of a £40k+ car.

Remember rare and relative exclusivity are your friend.... don’t knock it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-04-2012 12:29pm
GibEvoque

Your Lucky, in a town of 30,000 we now have at least 20 examples on our roads, and growing fast.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
27-04-2012 02:37pm
alibeau

We went abroad for three weeks over Easter and I was convinced that my area would be flooded with Evoques by the time I got back..... Nope.....

I cover quite a large area, dropping the girls at school, commute to work etc and I can count on two hands the number of 'Evoque spottings' I have had since the beginning of the year....

For me this is brilliant news as I still feel very 'special' swanning around in my fabulous motor Laughing (and also a little bit smug if I am totally honest Laughing )

Ali Very Happy

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 02:39pm by alibeau.)
27-04-2012 02:38pm
Evo-king

There are quite a few in evidence now in the county of Gloucestershire.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-04-2012 02:51pm