Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looks like i am stuck
The Valeter

RE: Looks like i am stuck

(10-10-2011 02:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IIRC the Xenons situation was not applicable to orders placed after the 3rd week of September, so if you ordered "a couple of months ago" you should still get them. If you only ordered in the last couple of weeks then they were not even an option

If there is a shortage of Xenons what happens on the Prestige & Dynamic where they are standard fit?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
10-10-2011 08:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(10-10-2011 08:38pm)The Valeter Wrote:  If there is a shortage of Xenons what happens on the Prestige & Dynamic where they are standard fit?

Err... if you haven't noticed... We Wait... well many of us do!?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-10-2011 09:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

And wait even longer if u've ordered a Pure - so unfair!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-10-2011 09:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Profit margin is lower on the Pure I expect so LR wants to make hay......................... and get as many high spec Prestiges and Dynamics out as it can. Also it does make me wonder if the launch of the 2WD cars might be delayed (seeing as sales of the 2WD Freelander are not exactly startling!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2011 09:47pm
cjfp

Do u think this 2WD thing has anything to do with this rule about CO2 emissions across the entire range? Who really buys an LR or RR for it's 2WD capability?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-10-2011 09:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think it has everything to do with it, and BIK tax

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2011 09:57pm
PhilSkill

I think in time there is possibly a market for the 2WD Pure as it gives people wanting "the look" and can barely afford it a chance, trouble is if reliabiliy or servicing costs are not sensible it will kill that market. Depends if LR are after it, or if they just need to build it for the emmissions regs.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-10-2011 10:07pm
Pedalpower

Got a email from my dealer confirming that the factory had removed Xenon due to shortages, his words were this relates to ALL models, not just pure, i am not sure what to make of that as obviously prestige and dynamic have Xenon as standard.... but from what he said, everything is affected

i think i will just bite the bullet and go for Halogen, it saves me money and from what i have been able to find out, look exactly the same appart from the DRL which are only noticable when switched on.

i am getting a bit nervous about possible delays to build though, sounds like most peoples cars are being delayed at least a few weeks !.
10-10-2011 10:10pm
rchrdleigh

Think you'll find the 2 wheel drive version is aimed squarely at the business user in Companies where mpg and CO2 emissions dictate what car you can buy. Evoque 2 wheel drive emissions and mpg have been set to meet the lowest possible emissions standards for company car users. Also think there will be quite a demand from those who want the look of an Evoque but don't necessarily need 4 wheel drive (or understand what benefits 4 wheel drive gives). It will also appeal to those who are particularly concerned with fuel economy. Fit winter tyres to a 2 wheel drive Evoque and it will be about as good in snow as a 4 wheel drive on summer tyres.
10-10-2011 10:14pm
Pedalpower

(10-10-2011 10:07pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I think in time there is possibly a market for the 2WD Pure as it gives people wanting "the look" and can barely afford it a chance, trouble is if reliabiliy or servicing costs are not sensible it will kill that market. Depends if LR are after it, or if they just need to build it for the emmissions regs.

I was speaking to a dealer in central london, they have sold mainly 2wd prestige models with nearly every option, according to him the Evoque is a new model, in the sense its standalone from previous RR or LR and hence does not have to be 4wd. Auto express mentioned in a article that the 2wd could be the most popular model due to its appeal to the masses... who knows...
10-10-2011 10:15pm