Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Long Easter Break
Vol

Long Easter Break

Happy Easter to Volkes,

Was due to take delivery on Thursday before Easter break, dealer informed me that transporter lorry had to turn back early Thur morning due to bad weather, so......SadRolling EyesSad

It's now due on Tuesday, just in time for me to get it to the detailer booked for wed then I'm away with family for a few days in family XC90.

End result I finally have my Evoque but wont get to see it or get a chance to play. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes

SD4 Prestigue, Fuji, /Ebony, AD, Style 6, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Pano Roof, Elec Trailgate.
08-04-2012 01:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTS18

RE: Long Easter Break

Hi Vol, welcome to the forum.

I drove from London to the north of England on Thursday and had glorious sunshine for most of the journey. Certainly didn't encounter any bad weather along the way, so not sure where they got that from.

Which dealership did you use? I've ordered mine through Christchurch, Dorset.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
08-04-2012 01:08pm
Vol

(08-04-2012 01:08pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Hi Vol, welcome to the forum.

I drove from London to the north of England on Thursday and had glorious sunshine for most of the journey. Certainly didn't encounter any bad weather along the way, so not sure where they got that from.

Which dealership did you use? I've ordered mine through Christchurch, Dorset.

Hi BTS18,

Order mine from Christchurch. Was asked to insure vehicle from 30th March so LR / them could register as a March sale. I was debating what to do, then they incentivised meSmile

Therefore insurance and tax been running for a week now Exclamation

Might I see you around the area after you take Dely!
08-04-2012 01:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum Vol. It sounds like your dealer might have been desperate for some EOM/EOQ bonuses to ask you to do that!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-04-2012 01:55pm
ED209

Bad weather? is smell bullpoo from whoever told you that.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
08-04-2012 02:39pm
doug

This could be the answer to why we all have to wait such a long time for are Evoques.
Transport are driving from Liverpool than around Scotland before heading back down south Laughing
(for are overseas members, there was snow in Scotland last week).

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
08-04-2012 04:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Only on Monday and then you had to go a long way north to find blocked roads Doug, the NE of England, Yorks and Derbys had more snow than most of Scotland.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-04-2012 05:18pm
SINGHY

Hey Vol
Your dealer might be telling the truth about the bad weather as I saw 3 transporters full of evoques and freelancers stuck on the m62 between Huddersfield and Bradford last Wednesday when we had a blizzard up here.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
08-04-2012 05:57pm
ED209

(08-04-2012 04:00pm)doug Wrote:  This could be the answer to why we all have to wait such a long time for are Evoques.
Transport are driving from Liverpool than around Scotland before heading back down south Laughing
(for are overseas members, there was snow in Scotland last week).

There was snow in Co Durham last week and quite a bit of it, theres still a pile on my drive now.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
08-04-2012 06:23pm
BTS18

(08-04-2012 01:27pm)Vol Wrote:  Hi BTS18,

Order mine from Christchurch. Was asked to insure vehicle from 30th March so LR / them could register as a March sale. I was debating what to do, then they incentivised meSmile

Therefore insurance and tax been running for a week now Exclamation

Might I see you around the area after you take Dely!

I live in Surrey and visit family in Bournemouth throughout the year so you may spot me occasionally.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
08-04-2012 06:48pm