Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land rover experience - Skipton.
ED209

Land rover experience - Skipton.

Well me and the good lady did our half day today at Skipton. Diving an Si4 evoque which apparently was a pre-production model. I was a little bit disappointed to find that the first hour was spent driving on the road, I know how my car drives on the road, I do it every day! I was much keener to see what it was capable off road.

Anyway when the time came I wasnt disappointed I was absolutely blown away by the capability of the car both during the demo drive and when both me and the mrs were driving. Only problem is i now want to take mine off road and it will probably end in tears!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-06-2012 08:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Land rover experience - Skipton.

ED keep a watch on the events section of Disco3.co.uk or Freel2.com for drives being organised by a D3 member in the Keilder Forest Park. The special stages suitable for Disco 3 can be avoided and the action watched from the forest tracks if you don't want to be adventurous. There are other Freelander friendly events throughout year that are also suitable for Evoques in Keilder

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-06-2012 08:27pm
Nowaytk

(19-06-2012 08:01pm)ED209 Wrote:  Anyway when the time came I wasnt disappointed I was absolutely blown away by the capability of the car both during the demo drive and when both me and the mrs were driving. Only problem is i now want to take mine off road and it will probably end in tears!

I know what you mean, I've done two half days at Luton in an evoque & last weekend done a half day at rockingham in a D4 ( wanted to know what the difference in capabilities were ) & can understand why lots of people get really into it, just don't think I would have the bottle to do it

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
19-06-2012 08:47pm
ED209

(19-06-2012 08:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ED keep a watch on the events section of Disco3.co.uk or Freel2.com for drives being organised by a D3 member in the Keilder Forest Park. The special stages suitable for Disco 3 can be avoided and the action watched from the forest tracks if you don't want to be adventurous. There are other Freelander friendly events throughout year that are also suitable for Evoques in Keilder

Cheers for that, Think im going to aproach a few keepers I know for some private access to the fells around the Blanchland area. Bee along a few good tracks in the beaters wagon before (as a passenger) on shoot days and hopefully will get access to these to try out my own car. Also going to take the car up the Mrs parents land and churn the fields up a bit (she doesnt know this yet though lol)

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 10:15pm by ED209.)
19-06-2012 10:13pm