Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Loan car policy
ytshome

Loan car policy

I wonder if people out there may know of any UK policy concerning loan cars when our cars are undergoing warranty work.

Firstly, I had heard through a friend of mine that LR were fining dealerships who do not loan like for like cars or better to all Range Rover Evoque customers, when their cars are in for warranty claims.

With this in mind and as my parcel shelf had now given up the ghost I decided to ring Stratstone and book the car in to have this fixed and a few fairly minor electrical glitches ( radio showing low battery and will switch off after 3 mins / slow camera / occasional wrong selection of gears). It took several weeks for the part to come in and another couple to get a slot with the workshop, together with a loan car. However, when I turned up last week after a two and a half hour return journey they told me that they couldn't carry out the work because they'd forgot to tell me that I had to bring both keys with me.

In the event, the loan car ( a Mercedes saloon) wasn't needed and I was told that they would request a RR Sport for a loan car as mine would be needed by them for approximately two days but this was only after me saying that I would want a car from the range rover family. They promised to come back to me within two hours with a new appointment. That was Thursday and as of Saturday afternoon I've still heard nothing from them. I really like the car but I'm just wondering after the fiasco which was my purchase and handover experience, together with this latest poor customer service, whether I will be able to stick with the Evoque. In fact my wife, only this morning asked me if Jaguar ( our best customer service experience) do anything similar that we could buy.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
16-06-2012 02:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Loan car policy

These dealerships just do not do themselves any favours, but while the car continues to sell itself they will not care that much about their customers, but should Evoque owners start voting with their feet as it were and move to another marque, they may change their attitude, albeit too late.

This story of poor dealer behaviour seems to be common with LR, and it shouldn't be.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-06-2012 03:32pm
ytshome

(16-06-2012 03:32pm)Evo-king Wrote:  These dealerships just do not do themselves any favours, but while the car continues to sell itself they will not care that much about their customers, but should Evoque owners start voting with their feet as it were and move to another marque, they may change their attitude, albeit too late.

This story of poor dealer behaviour seems to be common with LR, and it shouldn't be.

I agree with you but it just seems strange to me that LR and Jaguar, having such close business ties can have such different approaches to customer relations. With the exception of a Nissan that we came close to buying and whos salesman was quite the most uneducated and condescending of individuals LR dealers so far have proved to be the least customer focused. Resting on Laurel leaves is all well and good if you can be assured of a constant stream of world-beating new cars being supplied but good long term business is built on lots of things including delivering a satisfying purchase and post purchase experience. It seems to me as a newbie to the brand that getting a good dealership is very hit and miss.

16-06-2012 10:20pm
FFRR

If you push it, they will budge. I almost laughed when they offered me a Freelander loan car when my FFRR was in for a warranty job that the dealership had caused. An email to a manager in the dealer sorted it out and offered me a choice of a Sport or a FFRR Westminster.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2012 11:08am by FFRR.)
17-06-2012 11:08am
brough74

I got a freelander 2 when mine was in for 6 days. Its was brand new but not a patch quality wise on the evoque
17-06-2012 11:12am
Tony

When mine was in for half a day to fix a rattle I got a basic Ford Fester as a loan car, that's after driving 3 hours and 125 miles to the dealership! If they had needed the Evoque for several days and I would have had to return home and then back to the dealer (250 miles round trip) I would have insisted on at least an FL2. As we just had the Fester loaner for a few hours to zip round B&Q, Wicks etc. etc. It was OK'ish but I would not want to drive one for any distance.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-06-2012 12:09pm
ytshome

It sounds as though my friend was wrong and there is no universal policy. Thanks to everyone who's took part. I appreciate it.

17-06-2012 10:30pm
WB
WB

There may well be a policy and the dealers apply it inconstistently. I think you're well within your rights to request an appropriate car if yours is in for warranty work.
18-06-2012 04:43pm
ytshome

Actually got a call from the dealer today. Very apologetic. Admitted human error, which I accept happens. My car is now being picked up from my home next week and a Range Rover of some description will be left with me for a couple of days. Hopefully all will now go smoothly!

18-06-2012 11:35pm
RacingSnake

(18-06-2012 11:35pm)ytshome Wrote:  a Range Rover of some description will be left with me for a couple of days.
P38
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-06-2012 07:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply