Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USA-Corner reflector mod? Ideas?
WB
WB

RE: USA-Corner reflector mod? Ideas?

(21-06-2012 11:07pm)katscan Wrote:  Man you guys are awesome. So to do the lights, I would just go through the bumper removal section until I remove the 4 bolts (the pdf isn't exactly clear on if they are accessed from the wheel well or inside the engine cmpt) and then just slightly lower the bumper so that the lights clear, correct? No need to put the car on jack stands like it says or anything.

If you do open up the lights - I'd really like to see photos/instructions of how you do it.

Thanks!
22-06-2012 11:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
katscan

(22-06-2012 11:05am)WB Wrote:  If you do open up the lights - I'd really like to see photos/instructions of how you do it.

Thanks!

Haha I will definitely do that. However, I have to make sure I have money in the bank in case I mess one up in the process Smile Car isn't even scheduled to be delivered until August so we will see. And then once its open, I have to figure out how to remove the reflector (which should be easy) but then I have to find a compatible bulb that looks clear but blinks orange... that's my next post to you guys Smile Otherwise I won't pass annual inspection.

Sooooo.. anyone know alternate part numbers for the corner sidemarkers? Do the Euro bulbs blink orange but appear clear??
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 02:52pm by katscan.)
22-06-2012 02:49pm
slee18

Annual inspection? You must be from the East Coast! We dont do that on the left coast.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-06-2012 05:42pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(21-06-2012 11:07pm)katscan Wrote:  Man you guys are awesome. So to do the lights, I would just go through the bumper removal section until I remove the 4 bolts (the pdf isn't exactly clear on if they are accessed from the wheel well or inside the engine cmpt) and then just slightly lower the bumper so that the lights clear, correct? No need to put the car on jack stands like it says or anything.

Quite right, you can do it with the wheels on the ground, but I think taking them off is much, much easier. Essentially prize off the car the plastic outside wheel trims (start at the front bottom and work your way around). Undo the trim screws for the trim under the number plate. Turn the wheels to the oposite side from the side on which you are working and undo the screws/bolts that hold the inside wheel árch liner in place and peel it back. Now its about 13 out of 10 on the knuckle scraping scale but reach up inside the wheel arch and undo the two bolts holding the bumper to the wing. Clearly, if you take the wheels off you can remove the whole liner and preserve some (not all) of your knuckle skin. My advice is if you are right handed like me then do the left wheel arch first as you will the work out how and where the bolts are before doing the other side with your weaker hand. It is a simple process but a bit of a balls ache of a job. I used the PDF as a guide and once I had done it once could do it again really quickly. By the time you are getting your car in Nov I will have dropped the bumper off to change my lights back, so will document the process this time and produce another guide like I did for fitting a towbar (if that helps??)Very Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
22-06-2012 09:00pm
doug

Haven't checked the fitment, but is this the typle of bulbs your looking for

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-P21...rch=c11135

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-06-2012 09:50pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(22-06-2012 09:50pm)doug Wrote:  Haven't checked the fitment, but is this the typle of bulbs your looking for

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-P21...rch=c11135

Definately not; the fitment is listed in the handbook. The bulb is a completely differant shape.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
24-06-2012 03:49pm
katscan

(22-06-2012 05:42pm)slee18 Wrote:  Annual inspection? You must be from the East Coast! We dont do that on the left coast.

Yea Smile Damn communist liberals over here (heh)
(24-06-2012 03:49pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Definately not; the fitment is listed in the handbook. The bulb is a completely differant shape.

In Europe, what do your bulbs look like? Are they clear with an orange blink? Or is it a clear blink?
(22-06-2012 09:00pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Quite right, you can do it with the wheels on the ground, but I think taking them off is much, much easier. Essentially prize off the car the plastic outside wheel trims (start at the front bottom and work your way around). Undo the trim screws for the trim under the number plate. Turn the wheels to the oposite side from the side on which you are working and undo the screws/bolts that hold the inside wheel árch liner in place and peel it back. Now its about 13 out of 10 on the knuckle scraping scale but reach up inside the wheel arch and undo the two bolts holding the bumper to the wing. Clearly, if you take the wheels off you can remove the whole liner and preserve some (not all) of your knuckle skin. My advice is if you are right handed like me then do the left wheel arch first as you will the work out how and where the bolts are before doing the other side with your weaker hand. It is a simple process but a bit of a balls ache of a job. I used the PDF as a guide and once I had done it once could do it again really quickly. By the time you are getting your car in Nov I will have dropped the bumper off to change my lights back, so will document the process this time and produce another guide like I did for fitting a towbar (if that helps??)Very Happy

Yea that would be awesome !
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 05:17pm by katscan.)
26-06-2012 05:07pm