Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
defender_uk

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Will work:
Evoque branded 4Gb memory stick from Land Rover dealers

err.....won't work!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
13-04-2012 08:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

OK thanks Defender

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-04-2012 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Hmmm... beginning to think this isn't Stick manufacturer specific, I am running my 4gb Evoque branded stick, so far no problems, but thats not to say it won't play up...

It may be encoding or file size or file format... But I have lockup's on tracks that have previously played successfully!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-04-2012 08:37pm
SINGHY

Cheers philskill,
I'll bear that in mind when I get around to sorting out a USB, at the moment I'm half way through the manual and will be attempting the voice command function today.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
14-04-2012 10:17am
PhilSkill

Today I got a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit as mentioned above, wiped it clean and placed 6 albums all encoded at just 128kb's. Initially worked fine then just stopped through the first track, saying file and folder information not available!, had to remove the device to get it working again. The engine wasn't running and the car was stationary and I was not disturbng the connections in anyway. I've been using Media Monkey to RIP my CD's into mp3, i'm wondering if it's a file format issue, what ripping devices are most people using? Windows Media, iTunes? Be good to get some info on those that people use who are not having problems, and those that don't. I'm guessing maybe people using iTunes are not having problems...? Depends what LR tested it with of course.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
20-04-2012 02:03pm
Radeco

These work fine - and do not get knocked out if anything else is stuffed in the armrest.
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Driv...lash-Drive

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
21-04-2012 12:39pm
Straydox

Does anyone know which USB standard the ports are? Is is 1.0 or 2.0?

I'm wondering if LR have used the 1.0 standard which provides less power to the connected device than 2.0 - and most USB sticks these days have a 2.0 power expectation.

Philskill - IIRC you were trying to use an external disk - did you try a double USB cable to get more power to the device and was the disk conventional or a solid state (SSD)?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-05-2012 12:17am
PhilSkill

Hi, I never tried joining the 2 power outputs, as the disk powered fine from a single port. I havent used the disk recently as been slowly trying to fathom out whats causing my USB to lockup occasionally, started after I put my complete album collection on the HDD and some divx videos. So have gone back to sticks for now, which have also been unreliable... But since putting 1 album on a new stick and moving to the ipod labelled socket all is good again for now. But still investigating...
Disk was a conventional freecom toughdrive 250Gb

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 12:28am by PhilSkill.)
06-05-2012 12:26am
Straydox

(06-05-2012 12:26am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi, I never tried joining the 2 power outputs, as the disk powered fine from a single port. I havent used the disk recently as been slowly trying to fathom out whats causing my USB to lockup occasionally, started after I put my complete album collection on the HDD and some divx videos. So have gone back to sticks for now, which have also been unreliable... But since putting 1 album on a new stick and moving to the ipod labelled socket all is good again for now. But still investigating...
Disk was a conventional freecom toughdrive 250Gb

Thanks for the speedy response! My RRE should appear in the next week or so now so I'll be able to test for myself.

Conventional mechanical drives like the Freecom (I have one of the rubberised ones myself) can be quite power hungry so I've ordered the least expensive 60GB SSD I could find on Amazon and have a caddy to stick it in - I've also ordered a dual USB to mini USB cable...I'll let you know how it goes.

Another low power device on USB are the SD card-readers, I have one and will try that too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-05-2012 01:00am
Evo-king

(13-04-2012 08:11pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Singhy

On a USB stick you browse the folder structure you create on the stick down to track level. So you can create Genre's, Artists, Albums as folders which is how I do it.

There is one annoying thing, to get folders/albums in alphabetical order you have to run a program over the Disk/Stick to alphabeticize it after any change to the content.

See http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Alphabeti...=fatsorter

Thanks for that info.

Currently using an old 30gb ipod, but wanting to convert to usb stick.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-05-2012 08:22am