Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Launch Evening
Token

Launch Evening

Just been to the launch evening at Land Rover in Chelt / Glos which was great...nothing spectacular but a well put together event with lots of opportunity to look around the cars and chat to the guys.

Most impressive thing I saw demo'd is the DVD player on the Dual View front screen...really fantastic and the fact that you can play DVD from memory stick, DVD, or iPod is fantastic. Also really impressed that it is possible on the new Evoque to play music from the iPod or iPhone via bluetooth...a first for Land Rover.

Finally, the dealer is going to try to get my shadow wheels changed to Gloss Black which would be great if he can.

I continue to be impressed with everything Evoque!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
08-09-2011 09:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

RE: Launch Evening

Our dealer had a pure coupe with xenons but no fog lights , looked weird

Overall I was under whelmed by the launch

But the car was nice

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
08-09-2011 09:20pm
dazsear

(08-09-2011 09:02pm)Token Wrote:  Most impressive thing I saw demo'd is the DVD player on the Dual View front screen...really fantastic and the fact that you can play DVD from memory stick, DVD, or iPod is fantastic. Also really impressed that it is possible on the new Evoque to play music from the iPod or iPhone via bluetooth...a first for Land Rover.

I have to say it looked amazing in the flesh too when I took one for a drive on the Unleased event at Nottingham.

Daz
08-09-2011 09:26pm
gw76

Glasgow Shields Darnley Launch Event was quite good- 5 models, drinks, canapes, jazz band, ice cream. Didnt seem to be lots of LR staff though as wanted to enquire about my delivery date.
Orkney Si4 5 Door
08-09-2011 09:31pm
xxxx5

(08-09-2011 09:20pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Our dealer had a pure coupe with xenons but no fog lights , looked weird

Overall I was under whelmed by the launch

But the car was nice

Mine had the same, in a grey colour. It didn't look great.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
08-09-2011 09:32pm
SW6RR

Lookers Battersea event was good, sounds similar to other events. Plus my due date just jumped forward a month to 30 September Cool

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
08-09-2011 09:49pm
gomark

(08-09-2011 09:02pm)Token Wrote:  Just been to the launch evening at Land Rover in Chelt / Glos which was great...nothing spectacular but a well put together event with lots of opportunity to look around the cars and chat to the guys.

Most impressive thing I saw demo'd is the DVD player on the Dual View front screen...really fantastic and the fact that you can play DVD from memory stick, DVD, or iPod is fantastic. Also really impressed that it is possible on the new Evoque to play music from the iPod or iPhone via bluetooth...a first for Land Rover.

Finally, the dealer is going to try to get my shadow wheels changed to Gloss Black which would be great if he can.

I continue to be impressed with everything Evoque!

Let me know how you get on getting the wheels changed! Really want to do the same thing!

08-09-2011 09:56pm
Jonathon555

Basics of our launch night

100 guests

Live jazz band

Orange juice or buck fizz

Nibbles

Dry ice & lots of promotions people walking round

Every member of staff the garage has present even the accountant

5 evoques

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
08-09-2011 10:00pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks to all those who came to LPR this evening. We all had great time and it was nice to see Tim and Charlie. Special thanks to Tim who stepped in as an extension to the sales team! Great evening with 3 Evoques sold and a deposit for a Jaguar CX-16.

Thanks again!

James Smile
08-09-2011 10:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lookers Park Royal was great evening concentrating on the cars without other distractions! 7 cars available - White Dynamic Coupe with privacy, contrast roof and panoramic roof, then the dog's danglies Dynamic Plus in Black, back and black headliner with no panoramic roof, Orkney Pure Coupe with Cirrus interior (very nice colour for the interior, pity aboutvthe insipid exterior), Indus 5door Prestige (didn't even bother to look at it, the colour is very dull and boring), dogs danglies Fuji 5door Dynamic with panoramic roof and manual gearbox, Orkney 5door prestige and a Black Prestige Coupe with privacy, panoramic roof and sidetubes.......... Some folks were lucky enough to be shown a Fuji White Dynamic Plus Lux with panoramic roof and detachable tow hook in the workshops...........Wonder whose that was Whistle

Great to meet Charlie , I think I know most of the LR staff who were on hand, but it was also nice to meet some of the people from the Jaguar side and the reception and back shop people we customers don't often get to talk to.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 10:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-09-2011 10:35pm