Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Late Delivery
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Late Delivery

Land Rover isn't the only car maker to suffer production problems with a new vehicle IIRC Nissan have had delivery problems with Qashquai and Juke, Audi had problems with delivery of TT's when they were new to the market, BMW has had problems over delayed production with X5's when that was new. And don't think that Lexus will get you a car within 6 months as all the Japanese makers are having production problems post earthquake/ tsunami - my local Lexus outlet has not one new car in stock and only one car available in the showroom and no demo cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-10-2011 03:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

(07-10-2011 03:17pm)hybris Wrote:  I am calm but with a two months delay Im canceling the order of the car. Will call the dealer on Monday.

I also find the dealers of land rover much less customer focused than BMW and Lexus. (Here in Sweden)

Don't answer calls, emails etc. Could just be my LL dealer but its a bad experience.

Just want to makes sure to share the experiences so people can make an informed decision.

They are no different here in the UK, just the same dont answer emails or phone calls. I agree with xxxx5 that BMW,LEXUS,HONDA are excellent when it comes to customer service at dealership, with the exception of some L/R dealers who are good.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
07-10-2011 03:34pm
hybris

Don't get me wrong. I have driven the car and its a superb car. I was surprised over the good ride and even though it was just a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder diesel from Ford it was more than enough for the car. Yes its not a BMW 3 liter straight 6 diesel but still better engine than I expected. So I do like the car. Just that the experience around sales has not been what I expect from a premium brand. My BMW dealer would have called me and giving me other options. Even called me to say that he has no information and sorry about it. If I have some problems with the car post sales? How will that experience be? I think that Land Rover need to go on a sales education with Lexus and BMW dealership. Change the channel if they want to play premium. The car is good. The sales experience is terrible. Any car dealer can have initial delivery issues. But its all about how this is communicated and handled that matters. We are the customer. We expect to be informed without a need to call the dealer ourselves, we expect to get a delivery date so we can plan, we expect an excuse for delays. If you are in sales always consider how you want to be treated when you treat your customers. Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
07-10-2011 05:12pm
Daigriff

(06-10-2011 09:09pm)GinaS Wrote:  
(06-10-2011 03:47pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I have...5 weeks delay now9th December...I really I hope it arrives before Xmas.

Hi,
What are the reasons for your delay? Remember a while ago I had said that I'd been told Barolo won't be available until 2012....has this ever been mentioned to you?

According to the dealer there is no Barolo problem and I actually checked this when I changed from Sumatra as I did not want to delay delivery. It's the xenon issue apparently.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
07-10-2011 05:53pm
GinaS

Sorry to bleat on about Barolo but has anyone actually seen a Barolo evoque yet?
07-10-2011 07:51pm
Daigriff

(07-10-2011 07:51pm)GinaS Wrote:  Sorry to bleat on about Barolo but has anyone actually seen a Barolo evoque yet?

Yes, they had one at the launch event I went to...in a prestige 5 door with the ambience interior and it looked fantastic...thats when I changed.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
08-10-2011 02:09pm
ytshome

(07-10-2011 05:12pm)hybris Wrote:  Don't get me wrong. I have driven the car and its a superb car. I was surprised over the good ride and even though it was just a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder diesel from Ford it was more than enough for the car. Yes its not a BMW 3 liter straight 6 diesel but still better engine than I expected. So I do like the car. Just that the experience around sales has not been what I expect from a premium brand. My BMW dealer would have called me and giving me other options. Even called me to say that he has no information and sorry about it. If I have some problems with the car post sales? How will that experience be? I think that Land Rover need to go on a sales education with Lexus and BMW dealership. Change the channel if they want to play premium. The car is good. The sales experience is terrible. Any car dealer can have initial delivery issues. But its all about how this is communicated and handled that matters. We are the customer. We expect to be informed without a need to call the dealer ourselves, we expect to get a delivery date so we can plan, we expect an excuse for delays. If you are in sales always consider how you want to be treated when you treat your customers. Wink
Hi Hybris, Lots of us know what you mean. Personally, I had a poor experience too but I have to accept that there are plenty of good dealers out there and frankly LR Global are doing their bestin difficult circumstances.. If you keep the faith you will be rewarded with a great car when it finally arrives.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
08-10-2011 02:15pm
Spiderman

+1

It really is a great car!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
08-10-2011 02:47pm
Evoqess

If I was to be swayed by excellent customer service, a reliable product and reasonable servicing costs I would have only left Mazda for Honda. But I want a car that feeds the drivers soul and has true personality! Answer = Evoque and I'm willing to stand in line and wait and try not to complain about delays.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
08-10-2011 06:30pm
PhilSkill

(08-10-2011 06:30pm)Evoqess Wrote:  If I was to be swayed by excellent customer service, a reliable product and reasonable servicing costs I would have only left Mazda for Honda. But I want a car that feeds the drivers soul and has true personality! Answer = Evoque and I'm willing to stand in line and wait and try not to complain about delays.

I have to agree with you there Evoquess, I've had impeccable service from Mazda, and a very good cheap car, infact I'm keeping my Mazda (So I'll have a car that will start if the evoque doesn't Very Happy, but like any car dealer when it comes to making a warranty claim a fight is required as my Mazda has some serious rust around the rear arches but do you think they'll admit it's not stone damage and rusting inside out... So One reson to move to a car with some zing if not dealer help...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-10-2011 07:06pm