Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover experience
Vader

Landrover experience

Yesterday my brother and I did a Land Rover off road experience at the Solihull factory. Had a choice of Disco, Sport, Full Fat Range Rover or Defender. Chose the Defender for our first run then the Sport. All I can say is WOW, these cars are fantastic. Really enjoyed the Defender but the Sport is something else, what a car, made good use of the cars cameras while going through the Jungle. The cars capabilities are brilliant, I thought these cars just looked pretty but the really perform off road.

The instructor told me the Evoque can do pretty much what the sport can, just have to drive it a little differently.

If you've never done the off road (which I hadn't until today) I strongly recommend it.

Fantastic day but forgot to take photos.

Can't wait until I get my Evoque but thinking I Need a Sport

Evoque Pure with extras on order, delivery June 14th?
1976 Triumph Stag
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
21-06-2014 07:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Landrover experience

Next you'll be selling that Stag for Defender, might even be a better investment too as Defender production stops in 2015/2016MY................. My much abused 1996 90 TDi300 County is now worth what I paid for it 12 years and 30000 miles ago and all it has had done to it in that time was an £1100 galvansied chassis to replace the rotten painted mild steel one, a £700 conversion from a van to a stationwagon (2 sets of bench seats to take 4 rear passengers, seatbelts and a pair of large side windows) and last year a new Hi/Lo transfer box after I ran it for 100 miles with no oil in it after an offroading incident. Apart from that and a hydraulic winch on the front it is standard.

Why not sign up for the Eastnor Castle event in October when we will be doing the LRE there in Evoques - maybe even our own!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 12:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-06-2014 12:30pm
Vader

The Stags a keeper, in fact I'm thinking if having it restored!

What's going on at eastnor then? Where can I find details?

Evoque Pure with extras on order, delivery June 14th?
1976 Triumph Stag
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
21-06-2014 03:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Details of Evo-King's event at Eastnor are in the events section here
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Babyrr-Of...3#pid99123

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 07:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-06-2014 07:35pm
carunlock

i like the land rover very much and the post is very helpful......
22-06-2014 10:15am