Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Approved Used
Steve D

RE: Land Rover Approved Used

Yeah, I can see your point but if Pirelli tyres were made in China to Pirellis standard, that'll be fine by me.

You will not be claiming from car care plan - you get your warranty work done by a LR dealer and THEY claim from car care plan.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
22-05-2016 08:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iangam

That is true and that is what I tried to do, only to be given a bill because the warranty won't pay for my eco not working, my traction control fault and my mysterious crunching sound. None of which got fixed whilst Hunters had the car. Support from JLR amounts to none.
22-05-2016 08:31am
Steve D

What exactly was wrong with it? How long have you had the car? Has it been maintained in line with the conditions? If something is not working as it should be and you haven't had it long, take it back to the supplying dealer and insist that they put it right.

Is it an extended warranty you took out or the original approved warranty because I understand that the extended warranty covers only major items like engine, gearbox, turbo, transmission etc.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 08:49am by Steve D.)
22-05-2016 08:46am
markticktock

Here is a link to the LR Approved extended warranty:

https://landrover-extendedwarranty-exten...cument.pdf

Don't like the bit about not covering the DPF as I have heard a few complaints regarding these.
11-07-2016 03:50pm
PhilSkill

The DPF may not be covered itself, but a replacement due to a part causing it needing to be changed is covered, so your main worries should be covered.

It's definitely worth people knowing this, I think LR will say all second hand Approved cars are covered by this warranty and that's how they are sold, so you should read the small print before you sign.

Knowing the cost of this Warranty and my mileage, I decided against this extended warranty. so far i'm £1200 up on the decision... fingers crossed!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-07-2016 04:26pm