Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Communication from dealers
Greg

RE: Lack of Communication from dealers

(21-10-2011 07:54pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 07:48pm)Greg Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 07:24pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Port Elizabeth ... Car is at port of exit in England .. Near the end of Nov I think.do you have one ordered?

Yip, mine's build date was 26 Sept and ETA is 21/11…. probably on same ship then - the next RoRo for Durban is leaving Southampton on the 23rd of Oct (Sunday) due at Durban on the 15th of Nov.

That said the dealer can't say for sure, there was also a ship on the 13th (arriving on the 3rd of Nov) and another on the 15th (arriving on the 5th) and my car could be on any of them as well since it was ready for dispatch well before either of those dates.

PS. know the shipping stuff since it's peripherally related to my job

You re a good man to know then Berlin!you ve given me a bit of hope for an earlier delivery as my car was completed 3 weeks ago.. The ass at the dealership told me that future cars are not going via the distribution centre,rather going straight from the ship to the dealers in order to save time.... When I paid my deposit in April the same ass gaurenteed me first car in PE,nobody else in town knew what a evoque was back then... Now I'm way down.. Tried to blame my options for delay..ordered petrol Sumatra Dynamic 5 door with most of the options, they tried to offer white coupe diesel with dynamic leather as a substitute this week... But better to be patient and get what I want.. Keep in touch ...cheers
21-10-2011 08:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(21-10-2011 07:44pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Ed, I don't know how it's all worked out. its crackers. Where I live in Whickham, there are 3 Evoques! I know one was a showroom model that someone snapped up. As for the other 2, I would be very surprised if they both placed deposits with the dealer before me!

I worked. In whickham til recently must be using same dealer.
21-10-2011 08:16pm
fam1x

Finally heard from dealer to and told they are expect my car in on the 19 Jan 2012

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
01-11-2011 09:50pm