Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR's Damage Limitation
mark_n

LR's Damage Limitation

I came across this document which is a memo from LR management to dealer principals, telling them how to handle customer reactions to delayed builds, the "Range Rover Evoque Goodwill Process".

There's some jargon in there ("build rate of climb" - ?) but, in essence, dealers can offer a loaner to customers who have either disposed of their car in anticipation of receiving their Evoque on time or who need to to avoid further depreciation. The emphasis is on the dealer contacting each customer to understand their circumstances and responding accordingly.

They also want to move away from disclosing precise build dates and only give months instead which will give them more wriggle-room. This is at odds with their own admission that customers want more information not less.

There's not much on what is actually causing delays - which has been the subject of much speculation here - and I will be pressing the author of the memo directly to spill the beans.

Post edited by admin team, internal dealer memo removed at request of Land Rover

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 02:11pm by Martin.)
18-10-2011 10:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

RE: LR's Damage Limitation

Thanks Mark Very Happy

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 11:09pm by Spiderman.)
18-10-2011 11:07pm
Evoqess

Thumbs Up
once again - this forum is the place for vital information!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
19-10-2011 01:02am
Rehan

my original build date was 14th october, which slipped to 25th november. Will find out tomorrow for more accurate time scale.

like most people, Really disappointed with the customer service, especially with the lack of communication and if im waiting till january time, i think il just tell them to delay it till march.
19-10-2011 01:54am
DJ2Tall

Guess who I'm going to be calling tomorrow?!! Great find! I've no idea how forum members keep coming up with such jewels but THANK YOU!!
19-10-2011 02:28am
ED209

more info on the post i made yesterday. excellent.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 08:14am by ED209.)
19-10-2011 08:12am
speary

It will be interesting to see how individual Dealers interpret the letter.
If my first impressions of Stratstone Bury are anything to go by, they will probably deny all knowledge of it and ignore it just as they did with me when I went to order my Evoque !!!

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-10-2011 08:30am
EVO PUNDITT

Nice work,good to see we are a step ahead of them, armed with this info I shall be at the dealers this week to see what they say.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
19-10-2011 08:33am
bluebear

Thanks for that, really useful. My new car is now due on 15th November and my current car is due to be MOT'd on the 17th, and I really don't want to have to do that as the car has already been delayed by a month (I've also had to tax it for 6 months which I'd hoped not to have to do, although appreciate I'll get most of this back)

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
19-10-2011 09:09am
defender_uk

(19-10-2011 08:30am)speary Wrote:  It will be interesting to see how individual Dealers interpret the letter.
If my first impressions of Stratstone Bury are anything to go by, they will probably deny all knowledge of it and ignore it just as they did with me when I went to order my Evoque !!!

They have to be one of the worst dealers! Used to be excellent as Lex...then Pendragon took over, moved a load of new people in, who knew nowt about LR. All the existing staff went to Waterside in Manchester, aned are still tops.

Good luck with them!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
19-10-2011 09:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply