Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs
cjfp

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

@gw76 - mine dome just popped out, no effort but as you have shown, some are easier than others. Re the non-working light, mine also didn't work the first few times but came back to norm after a while.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-01-2012 03:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

That's amazing why did they make them that difficult its now as if we are going back to the dealer just to change some light bulbs.

I had a go on the back ones and managed to dent the plastic around the glass and it still didn't come out.

Will have another go tomorrow with something else. Don't have any plastic tools Sad

Yet the boot light came out very easy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290600920383?s...1497.l2649

I got my LED from here came next day Smile

http://youtu.be/QSGeW5KOpnI

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:45am by fam1x.)
28-01-2012 05:15pm
gw76

(28-01-2012 03:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  @gw76 - mine dome just popped out, no effort but as you have shown, some are easier than others. Re the non-working light, mine also didn't work the first few times but came back to norm after a while.
How quickly did light start to work again? Looks like mine had had it... !
28-01-2012 11:52pm
cjfp

@gw76 - had to sit there and tap it for 30 secs ish.

Also, don't forget that the led bulbs only work when inserted 'one way' - have you tried taking the bulb out, turning it 180 and then putting it back in?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-01-2012 11:55pm
gw76

Would love to be at the point of being able to put LED in but still cant get plastic cover off ! The middle touch light is still not working since this afternoon so I guess all my tugging has done something to it. Map lights fine and central light still works but just with door opening.
29-01-2012 12:38am
gw76

Hooray !! it seemed to be just supertight but managed to get it off. Still think I might have damaged the touch sensor as the middle light does now not operate manually. Oh well. But the bulbs are in ! There was a little thin strip of tin foil like paper lying loose in the glass lense which I think might be implicated in the touch sensor - probably all the screwdrivers and knives I shoved up !
29-01-2012 01:37pm
fam1x

Finally they are in, Tata must employ men with very thin long fingers. Was a pain trying to get the two bulbs on each end of the dome out. Got some pictures will have to post. Also managed to get a video taking the cover off the side ligh. Not sure how to post videos Sad

Next challenge roof rails, the tv hack lol

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
29-01-2012 05:41pm
gw76

you could always set up an account on youtube post them on there and give us the link on here
29-01-2012 05:52pm
Claud

I did the full suit of interior LED lights today. This posting was extremely valuable in giving me the confidence to to do it.

My input is I used micro screw drivers throughout, with no apparent damage.

Front overhead light was cover was prized off by levering down the driver map reading side, then the passenger map reading side and finally the centre light and the clear plastic cover dropped down. I too was reluctant to pull it completely out as I am not sure of the consequences. Leaving it in-situ means you have to sit in and odd way to get your head into the windscreen area and push the bulbs in. Also I always seemed to put them in the on the incorrect polarity, but that is an easy fix.

For the rear lights I used two flat head micro screw drivers (at the end indicated by the blue arrow in Lionhead's excellent post or light switch end) either side of the retaining tab. This worked much better than a single screwdriver at the retaining tab.

Car now has a very pleasant white light in keeping with the LED theme of the vehicle.Thumbs Up

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
29-01-2012 06:32pm
olde

Can someone post an LED Upgrade Kit list, showing all the various LED bulbs you guys are installing, (need specs to use when ordering them), and also please give us some indication of how much difference each bulb makes after their installation?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-01-2012 06:36pm