Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs
doug

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

Good news.
This is one to remember, I'm sure you won't be the last member with this fault.
Thank you dad for us all Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
01-06-2013 05:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

Aww, thank you Doug. I have already emailed him to say thanks. So glad I didn't break anything, lol! Laughing Paula xx
01-06-2013 05:41pm
dynamicgirl

I had another go at changing over the vanity mirror bulbs yesterday as I had bought some shorter (15mm) SMD bulbs which would be a better fit in the tiny sockets and this time I pulled fuse #P57 beforehand. I replaced the first bulb, popped the fuse back in to see if the polarity of the bulb was correct, but once again the 10A fuse had blown, so I have decided not to go any further on this one. I would like all of my bulbs to be LED's, but for some reason the car's electrics don't seem to like these bulbs being changed.
06-06-2013 11:15am
dynamicgirl

I fitted some LED reversing bulbs I bought from Ebay (Cree T15/W16W 3 Watt) and have to say I'm pretty impressed with them. They are very bright and very white compared to the OEM bulbs. They have projector lenses built in, so are wider angled than normal spec bulbs too Smile

[Image: P1000697_zps4323e112.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 01:05pm by dynamicgirl.)
06-06-2013 01:01pm
rvakia

I realized that changing the interior lights is a necessity. I just came from a camping trip where i had problems with the battery fully draining out simply because the interior lights were left on for no more than an hour. Also, the car will go crazy when this happens. A lot of ticking on the engine bay, with the speedometer and tachometer needles bouncing up and down and errors like Transmission Fault, Fuel Fault will show up!

This got me concerned so i called LR and they said it was "normal" when you have a drained battery. Had the car jumpstarted and charged. The Transmission Fault message did not go away while sitting the car on idle which still made me nervous. After a few calls, it all boiled down to having to turn off the car engine and restart.

Scary stuff for just a battery drain. I am now definitely switching to LED lights now and buying a portable charger when i go outdoors!
04-07-2013 07:42pm
Stilolos

Hi guys, I'm new here and have only had my baby for just over a week. I don't know if it's because of my model but my centre interior lights are different. My 2014 dynamic lux has still has 3 lights but it's a much thinner strip sort of thing. Maybe the previous owner changed them already as they are already led but not very bright. Yesterday I went to try and pry it open but it is very difficult and now the driver side touch has become unresponsive. Is it a different technique to prying this open??? Thanks.
03-09-2015 10:39am
tone1

Hi All, been reading this thread and still unsure, two reasons really, firstly my model seems to have three small led's by the mirror so no need to change these
I have changed the two footwell bulbs, no problems...
only the rear area interior ones are "ordinary bulbs". The boot area also one. Is it because its a November 2016 model?
Second doubt was because I called into my local Halfords which had quite a selection of "bulb upgrades" on its own stand, as I chose what I thought be ok for the interior lights @35 lumens(gotta be brighter than original) on presenting it to the sales guy he went on about canbus and tried to sell me a resistor kit for both lights at £9:99 each..... even if I did need them, I would not have a clue where this kit would go...... anyone fitted replacement interior bulbs on a later model evoque please?Idea

2016 (2017 model) HSE DYN LUX - Farallon Black - Black Pack
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 10:41am by tone1.)
02-09-2017 08:19pm
Nickj

(02-09-2017 08:19pm)tone1 Wrote:  Hi All, been reading this thread and still unsure, two reasons really, firstly my model seems to have three small led's by the mirror so no need to change these
I have changed the two footwell bulbs, no problems...
only the rear area interior ones are "ordinary bulbs". The boot area also one. Is it because its a November 2016 model?
Second doubt was because I called into my local Halfords which had quite a selection of "bulb upgrades" on its own stand, as I chose what I thought be ok for the interior lights @35 lumens(gotta be brighter than original) on presenting it to the sales guy he went on about canbus and tried to sell me a resistor kit for both lights at £9:99 each..... even if I did need them, I would not have a clue where this kit would go...... anyone fitted replacement interior bulbs on a later model evoque please?Idea

Hi, not entirely sure, but wouldn't have thought no resistors would be required so I'd return them. Rears, footwell, and boot are bulbs in older model and are swopped with no need for resistors. I've done mine over the last few days, see below.

Well dispite the horror stories decided to have a go at fitting my interior led bulb set I got off eBay a year or so ago! Yellow ish interior lights look so dated!

Foot wells were a doddle. No covers. Bulb out, bulb in. Excuse cleanliness of carpets!

[Image: IMG_8830.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8843.jpg]

Rear boot next. This had festoon type bulb and again popped out easily. Just getting polarity right only issue, so took a couple of attempts!

[Image: IMG_8842.jpg]

Then left it a day and decided to tackle the rear roof lights. Little bit trickier! Managed to get one out ok, and sorted. Second one managed to break the clip. This said so damn tight even without clip it's not going anywhere! So rears done.

[Image: IMG_8829.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8845.jpg]

Just front centre dome to go now..... left this another day. Read some real horror stories on this bad boy! Had a dabble with a screw driver, wasn't budging! Left another day. Watched the powerful U.K. Video again where it just popped out, and tried with a thin trim tool. First time popped out straight away, result! Bit of an iffy angle but swopped bulbs over in ten mins and after opening and closing the doors a few times and arming and disarming the alarm all worked perfectly.

[Image: IMG_8866.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8867.jpg]

Happy days. All visible bulbs now a nice bright white led. Going to have a go at the vanity mirrors another day but will be getting a few spare fuses before attempting!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 09:02pm by Nickj.)
10-09-2017 06:35pm