Just got back from NEC Evoque Live
MW73

RE: Just got back from NEC Evoque Live

Nice pics.
05-06-2011 08:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

(04-06-2011 02:03pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Some more photos of the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmv_media/5...703548507/

Some nice photos there; shame downloading is disabled.
08-06-2011 05:11am
doug

Relive the full "Evoque Live Show" with the link below. For these who could'nt go, it's a taste of what we saw.

Video not taken by me...

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 10:29am by doug.)
08-06-2011 10:27am
Kermit

(08-06-2011 10:27am)doug Wrote:  Relive the full "Evoque Live Show" with the link below. For these who could'nt go, it's a taste of what we saw.

Video not taken by me...

What a waste of marketing dollars. I can't believe someone thought that crap was worth producing; just to get people to see a car.
08-06-2011 11:34am
Alex

I can see your point but on the other hand I really liked it. I thought the event initially was just going to be something more generic - i.e. car display, brochures and that’s it.

However the event had a unique, fresh and creative approach, which I feel was aimed to make you think further than the physical boundaries of the vehicle. I got the impression the event was trying to convey the message how each vehicle personified unique qualities and/or traits such as emotions, sensations, desires, gestures and speech/language.  So when walking out from the show and then viewing the vehicle for the first time you did not see it as a lifeless thing, but more as something breathing.

Overall I think it is clever marketing, but irrespective of their objective to ‘sell, sell, sell’ there is a message trying to be conveyed, perhaps even almost like a narrative or story line which is there to challenge our senses and impressions. Again that whole creative approach from everything such as the published film (Being Henry), Evoque show, launch events, and published material, reassures me that I’m investing in something more than piece of metal on four wheels. 

And that whole investment into the vehicle from its design to how the message is being conveyed is an underlying theme that makes the Evoque unique from its competitors. I guarantee marketing in the camps of BMW; Audi etc are all relooking at their strategy for new launches.  

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
08-06-2011 12:27pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(08-06-2011 11:34am)Kermit Wrote:  
(08-06-2011 10:27am)doug Wrote:  Relive the full "Evoque Live Show" with the link below. For these who could'nt go, it's a taste of what we saw.

Video not taken by me...

What a waste of marketing dollars. I can't believe someone thought that crap was worth producing; just to get people to see a car.

I disagree. I thought it was really well done and kind of 'built up your excitement' before seeing the cars rather than just throwing us all in a room to view them. I went to the 7.15 and it's the closest I've had to a night out in ages Rolling Eyes and I was still humming the Verve all the way down the M40 Very Happy
08-06-2011 01:40pm
paulus599

I have to agree with Alex and Charlie on this one.
I think the whole event was very well staged, great music, dancers, graphics etc. Not at all what I had been expecting, i.e. some boring marketing types telling us all how great the cars are. They simply entertained us and then gave us plenty of time to see the cars in the metal.

From JLR's point of view, I'm sure that they don't see it as a waste of marketing dollars. The events were very targeted, the vast majority of the people there were those that had already registered their interest in the car and I'm sure that these events have converted that interest into many hundreds of confirmed orders. So money well spent, and as they had announced profits of over £1.04 billion pounds, will hardly have created any short term hardship for them. Smile

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-06-2011 08:04pm
griff

Totally agree this was a fantastic show which entertained us on the themes of the cars and then gave loads of time to look at the cars.

And today I got a call from LR asking me what I thought and if I needed any more information.
I think LR are learning from their past.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
08-06-2011 08:33pm
Daigriff

(28-05-2011 11:29am)Blackseries Wrote:  The first thing I must do is apologies for my previous comments re the Prestige vs the Pure. I still stand by my assertion that I think the Prestige is a bit overpriced but having said that ....... having all the cars side by side certainly gives you the opportunity to compare and contrast. If the Pure and Dynamic models were the only versions available I’m sure that I would have been more than happy with the choice but the Prestige for me was almost like a different vehicle. On paper it makes no sense really ...... there is barely any difference between it and the Pure yet the culmination of all those tiny differences makes a big difference.

Crikey Backseries this is exactly my sentiments after going to the show on sunday in Manchester. I've actually ordered a Pure with quite a few extras...but after seeing the 5 door Prestige Barolo Black with Ambience (Ivory) interior I want to change my order. (I know I cant have Barolo though). It will cost about 4k more but think it would be worth it. Have emailed dealer to get his take on the possible change.

Questions are...Will I be able to keep my position in queue? (deposit paid lat october) or will it mean a lengthy delay?...or am I just mad!!

Thoughts anyone?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
08-06-2011 08:37pm
paulus599

(08-06-2011 08:37pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Questions are...Will I be able to keep my position in queue? (deposit paid lat october) or will it mean a lengthy delay?...or am I just mad!!

Thoughts anyone?

I had exactly the same dilemma. Had originally placed an order for a fully loaded Pure, which I thought had everything I could possibly need. Once more of the details had been published though, I started having doubts, mainly around the quality of the materials in the cabin. Still hadn't seen any actual cars though so really struggled to see how I could justify the extra expense for the Prestige or Dynamic. In the end I decided that I didn't want to be disapointed in any aspect of the car, so gritted my teeth and changed my order to a Prestige. Very pleased I've done that now, but it seems like a big price jump just for a little extra (perceived) quality.
Also have to add that all three models look fantastic in the 'flesh', so I certainly would'nt loose any sleep if you find that you can't change your order without slipping down the queue.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-06-2011 08:57pm