Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!
Rootsboy

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!

(21-05-2011 09:06pm)Alex Wrote:  I have loads of videos (iPhone) but trying to post to YouTube fails everytime, if anybody has any suggestions where I can post the stuff too then please let me know.
Didn't load up HD for some reason (doing this from iphone) but none the less Prestige Interior/Extrior (coupe) from event earlier.

good video, it sort of gives me a idea of when the 19 inch vs 20 inch wheels look like, and the 19's dont look to bad really. at the moment i just want to order the 20's as i think they look better, but i know the 19s could be a little more practical knowing what the roads are like where i live

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
22-05-2011 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

(21-05-2011 11:18pm)Charlie Wrote:  Think you just insulted her lol

Oops, mind you it hasn't held Cheryl back Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
22-05-2011 10:04am
Rootsboy

[/quote]

7. I wasn't sure about the tan leather interior in the pictures but, In the flesh (especially with the white Evoque), I thought it looked fabulous. Will change my order from Ambiance interior to the tan interior.

[/quote]

hmm this is interesting, im also thinking of a Ambiance, but have not seen any good photos or videos of this yet, to really show it of, and the Tan does look awful in to photos, but black is out the question living in the climate i do, and the lighter colors worry me due to child in the back. and the Tan could be a happy medium.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
22-05-2011 10:17am
cjfp

Ok- guess who's just charmed his way in for a private viewing before the 11 o'clock show starts!! Will post photos when home

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-05-2011 10:46am
Urban Splash

(22-05-2011 10:46am)cjfp Wrote:  Ok- guess who's just charmed his way in for a private viewing before the 11 o'clock show starts!! Will post photos when home

Thanks to everyone so far that has taken the time to comment... really helpful....

I have just one question.... I know LR have confirmed the boot size in the specs that have been released, but I have read on other sites that the boot is not so large.... Can anyone at the show confirm actual boot size please, and if this is measured up to the boot cover?

Many thanks....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
22-05-2011 10:51am
griff

(22-05-2011 10:51am)Urban Splash Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 10:46am)cjfp Wrote:  Ok- guess who's just charmed his way in for a private viewing before the 11 o'clock show starts!! Will post photos when home

Thanks to everyone so far that has taken the time to comment... really helpful....

I have just one question.... I know LR have confirmed the boot size in the specs that have been released, but I have read on other sites that the boot is not so large.... Can anyone at the show confirm actual boot size please, and if this is measured up to the boot cover?

Many thanks....
The boot dimensions are on the LR website and the height seems to be up to the roof. You could get a Labrador in easy and possible two at a squeeze.
Two sets of golf clubs would fill it up as would a weeks shopping (depending on how greedy you are) say £150 quids worth

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-05-2011 11:55am
Urban Splash

(22-05-2011 11:55am)griff Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 10:51am)Urban Splash Wrote:  

Many thanks....
The boot dimensions are on the LR website and the height seems to be up to the roof. You could get a Labrador in easy and possible two at a squeeze.
Two sets of golf clubs would fill it up as would a weeks shopping (depending on how greedy you are) say £150 quids worth

Cheers!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
22-05-2011 12:15pm
Alex

The overall size of the boot (on appearance) was not that big, and smaller than I expected. We have a Ford Kuga and the space in our Kuga appeared deeper than the Evoque (The reps there couldn't give me the boot dimensions as they didn't know, but sounds silly but I did think about bringing my measuring tape with me but thought I may have looked a bit odd).

Based on it's size I will now not go for the upgrade storage rails in the back as I cannot seeing the space warranting the need for one.

The car as already mentioned is perhaps smaller than expected. I'm 5'10 and could easily stretch my arm across the roof standing by it's side. Where as on the Kuga I need a small step stool to do that - ie when washing.

Still getting the car, but just wish it was a tad bigger.
A few other things to note...

When sitting in the drivers seat the dashboard layout has been well designed, and not to clustered. The steering wheel feels very comfortable, as does the seat, leg room feels nice, and access to controls is very comfortable.

The front passenger seat is also comfortable with ample leg room, but to open the glove compartment the seat definitely needs to be moved back as your knees would be in the way. I guess this would only be a problem with people sitting in the back, but then again how often do you need to open the glove compartment.

The centre has two drink holders (typical standard can size), and the arm rest has a small storage area when lifting the arm rest (in there is where the USB connection is and 12V power supply).

In the back it is spacious and comfortable - no issues and well designed layout considering the vehicle size.

The side storage in the doors is standard, but only deep enough to hold your typical maps, books etc. I was kind of hoping it would be designed to hold drinks like in the Audi Q5.

By this was sitting in the 5-door Prestige.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2011 02:02pm by Alex.)
22-05-2011 01:44pm
cjfp

Just got home - won't post repeat photos etc of cars, only things that I don't think have been shown.
The 'show' is good and you do get plenty of time with the cars and it's not too crowded.
Overall size - following some comments on here, I was worried I would now think it too small. However, I am pleased to say that I didn't.
There is plenty of room in the back of the coupe, both head and leg room - getting in and out is obviously more restricted on the coupe so it depends on what you want it for / what other cars you have for carrying regular passengers.
Boot - not as big as a Freelander but acceptable.
There is a difference between 'pure soft feel' and 'prestige leather' but not worth the odd £2k premium and not enough to put me off a Pure.
There is a nice rear window wiper tucked under the roof spoiler - don't think this has even been mentioned before (see photo).
Have taken photos of the different coloured edging - Pure is like a gun metal, Prestige is silver and Dynamic is Black (I really didn't like the shiny black on the dynamic)
When I sat in both the 3 & 5 doors, I actually felt like the rear view was better in the coupe.
As confirmed elsewhere, the LR guys aren't totally clued up - had to let one know that he was wrong when he tried to tell me that Santorini Black had replaced Barolo Black due to Japan issue (as we know, Sumatra Black has replaced Santorini) - he later came to find me and tell me I was right!.
Cirrus is quite light and (IMO) will show dirt - I'm sticking with Ebony
No brochures to take. No laptops etc to spec on.
And most importantly ... my dad like it and really liked the Firenze Red !
In order to save bandwith etc, I have placed the photos into a word doc.
Oh, if you have a black roof, you can't even tell that you have the panoramic roof.
U need the panoramic roof to bring light into the car and to give space - it certainly does feel a lot smaller with the roof blind closed

Attached File(s)
.docx  Photos.docx (Size: 339.65 KB / Downloads: 94)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2011 02:38pm by cjfp.)
22-05-2011 02:36pm
DynamicRRV

Great write up and pics...thanks!!

Dynamic Coupe still for me.
22-05-2011 03:30pm