Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder
bell-auto-services

Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder

I just fitted one of these to my car i thought id share it lol, I got it from link below as an it was on offer to he D3 forum members. The picture quality is fantastic and super clear Smile http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Blackvue-full-hd...ition.html

Ill post pictures of my install later when I have finished the wireing. Below is some info from the site.

Pete

This is the latest safety version of the very popular Blackvue in car black box recorder. Its fast becoming a must have accessory to have in your car. The Pittasoft Blackvue black box recorder automatically records all events whilst your driving and due to the DR400G-HDs GPS tracking function you can retrace your journey and point of incident easily in Google Maps. In car black box recorders are recognised by most insurers as helping to establish fault and can reduce your premium. In any event if the un-thinkable was to happen you will have it all recorded for future use. This latest model records in FULL HD quality video and also makes audio recordings that are saved onto the 16GB SD memory card

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 11:25pm by bell-auto-services.)
31-01-2012 11:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Just fitted Blackvue full hd Black Box Recorder

With all these extras and their weight you're gonna be in the low 20mpg soon!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-01-2012 11:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Im already at 25mpg looool, i do like the back roads near my work Smile . weirdly over the last few days ive had to pull over a few times as ive seen a good bit on tv so my mpg may go up now hehe.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
31-01-2012 11:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

How does it stop recording? does it rely on you pressing a button after an incident?? if so i would probably bloody forget!
01-02-2012 12:03am
bell-auto-services

It records %100 of the time you are driving the car as its powered from the key on 12v. it shuts down when you turn the car off.
The recording increments can be set from as small as 1 min up to i think 5 mins per seperate recording so it enables easy location of a point in your drive cycle if needed.

pete

01-02-2012 12:06am
Wired

There are also apps for your smartphone that do the same by using the inbuild camera. Here is one for android phones.
https://market.android.com/details?id=co...NrYm94Il0.

Differend versions offer different options

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
01-02-2012 09:12pm
bing0r

Hi, any wiring guides? I have tried to hardware mine in but seems like I am not getting enough voltage by tapping the fuse board behind glove. Curious to how you wired this in?

Strange thing is that if I measure from the cigar port I get 12v but at the fuse it is only showing 4-6v. Any ideas would be appreciated
22-02-2014 09:30pm
The Valeter

I had the front & rear Blackvue DR550GW-2CH fitted recently & hardwired. I then had the additional box added that allows 24/7 recording. It also has a flashing LED to discourage unwanted attention & I guess will let those in front of you if they look round know they are on CCTV as I pointed out to a woman in her Zafira who pulled up behind me the other day who was having a lovely conversation on her mobile phone!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
23-02-2014 11:07am
RacingSnake

And a third thread resurrected about the same thing!!! lol
Anyway, I'll post my pictures on one of the other threads.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
23-02-2014 12:17pm
bee

(23-02-2014 11:07am)The Valeter Wrote:  I had the front & rear Blackvue DR550GW-2CH fitted recently & hardwired. I then had the additional box added that allows 24/7 recording. It also has a flashing LED to discourage unwanted attention & I guess will let those in front of you if they look round know they are on CCTV as I pointed out to a woman in her Zafira who pulled up behind me the other day who was having a lovely conversation on her mobile phone!!

had my blackvue for three years or so, this is the third car it been fitted in. still records like a new one.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
26-04-2014 07:31pm