Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just did a 2 hour test drive -- My impressions on the Evoque's handling
mark_n

RE: Just did a 2 hour test drive -- My impressions on the Evoque's handling

The TT, in whatever guise, is a bit of a hairdresser's car though. A friend has one with the sticker "No hairdressing equipment left in this car overnight".

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
28-06-2012 01:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(28-06-2012 01:27pm)mark_n Wrote:  The TT, in whatever guise, is a bit of a hairdresser's car though. A friend has one with the sticker "No hairdressing equipment left in this car overnight".

I have one of those stickers on the back of my 1993 eunos roadster, think is everyone thinks they are hairdressers cars instead of the good value, fun, sweet handling RWD cars they are. Eunos/mx5's are great fun. You can get them sideways fairly easily at fairly legal speeds and they are correct wheel drive. my previous toy a vx220 was so fast and grippy that hugely illegal speeds were needed to do the same!

Audi tt's in whatever guise have never had a good reputation as drivers cars, sure they are nice well put together fast cars but pure drivers cars? no chance. It is interesting that the original poster lives in a country known for having straight roads.

For me living in the north east of england in a fairly rural area with some fantastic roads within a short drive(hartside pass for example) the thought of a tt has never really floated my boat.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
28-06-2012 01:49pm
Pricy147

This should put the 1m v TTRS discussion to bed Wink

and the M3 to bed;

Even a tuned M3 v stock TTRS cant live with it until higher speeds;

tune the TTRS, and oh boy! Very Happy

v M5 super sprint:
v 996 GT3:
v R8 V8 (Tuned):

Enough said Very Happy

Current Cars:

- TTRS Roadster | Phantom Black | Aluminium Pack | Bose | Ipod Dock | 19" Titanium Grey Alloys | Through Load Facility
- Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Firenze Red | Panoramic Roof | Towbar | Satin Brushed Centre Console

[Image: 4fasq.jpg]
03-07-2012 02:13pm