Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's sold. Final thoughts..
Kimv

It's sold. Final thoughts..

So a few days ago it drove off of the driveway and out of my life.. I kept it for about 2 years and 30k km. I never really enjoyed it though... I was afraid to leave it parked somewhere, afraid to take other people in it to the extent that we never went anywhere. We went to the supermarket at strange hours to avoid other people and I parked it as for as I could from the entrance, on 2 spots...

In fact I was so maniac about it that I decided to buy a second car just to not having to use the Evoque. So I bought a used Defender 110. And guess what: we went places! And I parked as close as I could to the supermarket entrance. And because it has 7 places we were able to invite our friends to the beach with it AND bring all our and their stuff. I love all kinds of sports and now I just throw my bike or wetsuits inside and head out. Some people would think that a Defender does not have any luxury. To me the freedom it gives me is all the luxury I want.

The Evoque stayed still on the driveway for about 6 months before I decided to sell it. Because I was so maniac about it, it had no scratches or marks and even smelled like new. I got a very good deal when I bought it and was able to sell it for almost the amount I payed for it.

The forum has been a great help for info while deciding on speccing the Evoque and owning it. I'll still lurk around because it's fun reading here. I don't want to put people off buying an Evoque. It really is an amazing car, just not for me..

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 03:00pm by Kimv.)
15-08-2014 02:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: It's sold. Final thoughts..

(15-08-2014 02:59pm)Kimv Wrote:  So a few days ago it drove off of the driveway and out of my life.. I kept it for about 2 years and 30k km. I never really enjoyed it though... I was afraid to leave it parked somewhere, afraid to take other people in it to the extent that we never went anywhere. We went to the supermarket at strange hours to avoid other people and I parked it as for as I could from the entrance, on 2 spots...

In fact I was so maniac about it that I decided to buy a second car just to not having to use the Evoque. So I bought a used Defender 110. And guess what: we went places! And I parked as close as I could to the supermarket entrance. And because it has 7 places we were able to invite our friends to the beach with it AND bring all our and their stuff. I love all kinds of sports and now I just throw my bike or wetsuits inside and head out. Some people would think that a Defender does not have any luxury. To me the freedom it gives me is all the luxury I want.

The Evoque stayed still on the driveway for about 6 months before I decided to sell it. Because I was so maniac about it, it had no scratches or marks and even smelled like new. I got a very good deal when I bought it and was able to sell it for almost the amount I payed for it.

The forum has been a great help for info while deciding on speccing the Evoque and owning it. I'll still lurk around because it's fun reading here. I don't want to put people off buying an Evoque. It really is an amazing car, just not for me..

I suppose this reflects the near impossibility of keeping a car free from dents in France where there is total disrespect for other people's property. With a Defender, you don't care if it gets dented and there's a certain freedom which comes with that. I have a Subaru Impreza for exactly that purpose. Part of the issue too is that towns and villages often have narrow streets - same in Italy - where a wide car like the Evoque is not ideally suited. Again, with the Defender, you just do not have to care.

Maybe the Evoque was never for you in the first place and you are well rid of it. BTW, it's "paid", not "payed".

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 05:39pm by mark_n.)
15-08-2014 05:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply