Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's not what you drive, its the way that you drive it.
FujiSan

It's finally arrived!

Took it fill her up and then out for a short spin. SHOCK HORROR - after 37 miles (ish) of mostly town with about 7 miles of m/way, the computer is reporting 38.1 MPG.
Shocked

I'll be honest, I always worried about all the other posts about poor MPG and though I may have made a bit of a boo boo on the MPG front, being used to averages of 60 odd in my Audi, but all seems not to be lost after all. Bearing in mind this is a new motor and still has some loosening up to do, I am quetly confidant I can hiit mid 40's without too much bother.

Now I don't know if RR have changed something in the mapping or whatever, but thats what I got on my first ever drive, so call me Mr Pleased as Punch!

New Kid on the block:
Evie Pic

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
15-06-2012 07:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: It's not what you drive, its the way that you drive it.

Great stuff!
We got 36 on our first tank... the next 2 were both 28, and we're currently on 41, but I am driving a lot slower and a lot smoother... (it's just not fun! lol)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-06-2012 08:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

Some pictures while you're out and about as well Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
15-06-2012 08:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J3NED

Congrats on the car and the mpg!... Pics?

Arrived: Mauritius Blue
SD4 Auto 5dr Dynamic, Lux pack, contrast black pano roof, 20" black 9 spoke rims, privacy, Ebony interior with ebony lining,
ordered: 31/01/12 - expected 25/06/12
Build date 04/06/12 - Collection Date 16/06/12 Very Happy
Current ride: Audi S5... Now Sold Sad
15-06-2012 09:53pm
FujiSan

Hopefully some pics over the weekend if the weather holds, just that one on the trailer for now though.

15-06-2012 10:16pm
QueJumper

Don't think you'll hit mid 40s unless you drive at a constant 50mph on the flat with the wind behind you.

I've never managed over 40 and am 3000miles in now!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
16-06-2012 01:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

40+ is possible in an SD4, I managed it from Gaydon filling station down to London sat at 70 on the cruise control. But it was mostly down hill and windless. Mine seems to be in the 35/37mpg in local driving, as per my Fuelly banner

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-06-2012 08:29pm
FujiSan

Well for all the nay sayers it was sat at 40.1 mpg on the dial most of the day today. Like I said, it's how you drive it.

Today was about 120 miles odd, stop start, some cruising at around 63 on the cruise control, busying about in the traffic around central Milton Keynes, then the A5 down through Dunstable and the M1 down to the M25 and round to Rickmansworth. So all in all a pretty average day for me, keeping up with the traffic flows, sitting at the speed limits, but not going over.

Having said that, depending on how I drove it, the mpg was far more inclined to head for the floor, than head for the hills Laughing so for now anyway, I think a shade over 40 is about as good as it gets. Still, it's got to get loosened up yet so I am confident that in time there is still has a little improvement to get.

16-06-2012 09:13pm