Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Issues with Paint from Japan
DynamicRRV

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan

(15-04-2011 08:08pm)vinda Wrote:  Really. I'm not surprised. My dealer is useless
(15-04-2011 06:38pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  
(15-04-2011 10:51am)vinda Wrote:  Spoke to my dealer just now. Says there's no paint issues , not that he's aware of anyway

Your dealer is wrong,paint colours have been excluded and deleted now.Check again....if you want Santorini forget it,its not going to happen!

Have you placed an order. Just wondering which dealer you use as your from the midlands too.

Yes I have,Guy Salmon Coventry.Very Happy
15-04-2011 11:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

Kosrae Green could best be described as a dark emerald green. I've yet to see this on a vehicle; I've only seen the sample. Galway Green could best be described as a dark olive green. I've seen this on a Disco; not my kind of green.
16-04-2011 03:03am
vinda

Have you placed an order. Just wondering which dealer you use as your from the midlands too.
[/quote]

Yes I have,Guy Salmon Coventry.Very Happy
[/quote]

Yeah. Me too. Kris is the guy I've been dealing with.

Have they given you a rough idea of delivery
(15-04-2011 09:24pm)GeordieBoy Wrote:  This only just hit the dealer news site today, I only read it at about 5pm tonight! My thoughts....

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander) Sumatra is Metallic and just as nice, so no major concern IMO
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey) Will wait to see Lunar but sure it will be just as good
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products) I prefer Buckingham to Baltic

[b]Is buckingham blue as blue as Baltic blue. I've heard it almost looks black unless in the sun.[/b]

Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green Don't sell many Green in any model, has anyone considered it for an Evoque?

Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11) Shame as it looks well on Discovery
Lago Grey Shame as again it looks well, but only effects Freelander not Evoque orders
Rimini Red being deleted anyway

Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze Looks awesome on Sport and Disco. Very disapointed!
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only) Not had any Evoque orders in this myself yet, but I don't think it will be that popular anyway
Aintree Green Never knew it was being introduced!! oops

The below aren't planned until 2012 anyway so the issue colour be sorted by then

Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana

I thought Barolo black was going to be issued in 2011

*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only) Range Rover Ultimate??? So doesn't effect Evoque?

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green

So there isn't much effecting the Evoque range to much? I don't think it is the actual paint supply that is effected, I think it is the pigment in the metalic paint I heard, and that the factory is in the exclusion zone of the nucular plant. But I could be mistaken.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 02:23am by vinda.)
17-04-2011 02:17am
cjfp

So, with the above in mind, even seeing 'proper' colours at the London Event is going to help unless that also show the replacement colours!! Also, aren't some of the above colours completely 'new' to the list of those available (what I am saying is that aren't they listing 'removed' colours never featured on the original list - hope that makes sense)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 07:23am by cjfp.)
17-04-2011 07:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There are some god photos of Buckingham Blue here in a friend of mine's album over on RRSport http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=10310
there are a couple in this gallery too http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=11357

Suggest that if you want to see what colours look like that you surf over to RRSport.co.uk or Freelander2.com or Disco3.co.uk or FullFatRR.com and use the forum search function to look for the colours and you will get lots of threads, many with photos - heres one thread I found on RRsport when I used the search word BUCKHINGHAM. Another way to do it is to go to the Land Rover website and go into the used car locator function and search the dealer stock for photos of the cars. Galway Green for example is a very dark green - not at all Olive!. Marmaris and Lugano are "Scintachrome" paints that change from very dark blue to very dark green as the sunlight changes

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 08:54am by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2011 08:45am
cjfp

Just fyi, my dealer currently knows nothing about the colour problem and will be looking into it tomorrow!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-04-2011 12:06pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

What do you think you might go with now cjfp?
17-04-2011 03:13pm
cjfp

God knows. Last week whilst I was away, I was studying 'black' 4x4's and was swinging around to Barolo Black, but even that looks like it might not be an option now! I think I will wait for further developments and the May London event to see what's going on. As my car is not due 'til Oct build for Oct delivery, I have a chance before I have to final finalise!

Then again, fuji is nice, as is colima, as is firenze (current order)

Take a look at the Green Car Review post in General - some nice colour shots here - not 100% sure what the blue is, think it is Mauritius Blue, but that's nice too....

(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 04:43pm by cjfp.)
17-04-2011 04:31pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Yes some good shots on there, also the Monaco video. I am still happy with black as long as it's metallic. Think it looks good on the prestige.
17-04-2011 05:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes the light blue with the Fuji Contrast roof is Mauritius Blue. Mauritius would look great with a Mini style Union flag wrap on the roof instead of the Panoramic Roof or Contrast Roof. Baltic/Buckingham would look good with one too

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 08:15pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2011 06:00pm