Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Sat Nav UK only?
Landmilch

RE: Is the Sat Nav UK only?

(15-08-2011 02:02pm)vision*R Wrote:  TMC is a "download only" system: you get the data via the radio signal, but you can't "reply". Your phone on the other hand uses its own service which is two-way: you have to participate yourself and "upload" jams as you encounter them, which are then pushed to all the other phones. This may be a better system (especially with the large userbase of the iPhone) but it requires a data connection via GSM. The Evoque will only use TMC and I haven't seen interactive systems in cars yet.

The first OEM's start to deliver live traffic systems in there cars. BMW is one of them. This technique give the user better results because of the real-time data.
You are right. It needs a GSM or better a 3G communication. But is this a big deal today? I think not. You get so many advantages if you get real-time data.
parking deck, traffic jam, google etc..
If RR wants to sell premium cars, in my eyes such technology have to be available as option.

Should I still use my iphone for navigation????

Greeting
Landmilch

Dynamic 5door, SD4 manual, exterior Fuji white, interior verve, winter package, graphite 20" wheels, navigation system, panorama roof, PDC front & rear, dark windows after B-pillar

ordered: 02.August 2011
scheduled delivery: December 2011
15-08-2011 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply