Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance (again!)...
alibeau

Insurance (again!)...

Well it's that time of year again where both my and Hubby's car insurance is up for renewal. We are currently on a multi car policy with Admiral but their price this year for renewal is astronomical!

So who are you insured with? And did you get to the bottom of if your pano roof was covered on the glass or main policy? Also when being quoted did you list every optional extra you purchased (factory fit) or just the total purchase price, model etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
17-08-2013 06:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

RE: Insurance (again!)...

Land Rover Insurance. They sent me an email confirming the pano roof was covered. Cheaper by a mile than my X3 covered with Aviva. They were not at all interested in any of the factory options, just the total car cost.

Worth a shot giving them a call and see if they can help.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2013 07:46pm by Trapdoor.)
17-08-2013 07:46pm
Barton Evoque

I use Aviva multi car have the Evoque and Audi TT both fully comp for just over £400

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
17-08-2013 08:25pm
PhilSkill

Any reason the Admiral price has jumped up for you? Have you tried talking to them asking why there is such a price hike and saying you'll have to start getting quotes as they may then drop the price. I have the same for my 2, the 2nd year on the Evoque now and it didn't increase much after first year.

I listed all optional extra's incl Pano roof, which they said was covered, although I believe under the main policy.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2013 08:42pm
Tony

(17-08-2013 07:46pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  Land Rover Insurance. They sent me an email confirming the pano roof was covered. Cheaper by a mile than my X3 covered with Aviva. They were not at all interested in any of the factory options, just the total car cost.

Worth a shot giving them a call and see if they can help.

Unless it has changed since January, LR insurance cover the pano on the main policy not the glass. If you claim your NCB will take a hit.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
18-08-2013 06:41pm
speary

I use IAM Surety, but you need to be an IAM member http://www.iam.org.uk
They will match or better any equivalent quote you get and you get free protected no claims and higher limits on liabilities

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-08-2013 08:15am
wavey.dave

I was with Admiral, their renewal for this year was more than last year (and I didn't have any no-claims last year). I've now moved to Tesco, who were a good bit cheaper.

Their policy also says that the glass policy covers all windows and sunroof...

[Image: 143277.png]
19-08-2013 10:27am
ogpurestyle

(17-08-2013 06:26pm)alibeau Wrote:  Well it's that time of year again where both my and Hubby's car insurance is up for renewal. We are currently on a multi car policy with Admiral but their price this year for renewal is astronomical!

So who are you insured with? And did you get to the bottom of if your pano roof was covered on the glass or main policy? Also when being quoted did you list every optional extra you purchased (factory fit) or just the total purchase price, model etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ali.

I am with Admiral and my renewal was also significantly increased so I did a re-quote on the web site and the cost was approximately £300 less than the renewal price. When I spoke to Admiral about the difference they very quickly agreed to the quote from the web site which was in line with what I had paid last year.
19-08-2013 10:38am
KaDargo

Sainsbury's (£100 cheaper than LV)
Also switched house policy to them from M&S (saved another £100), plus I get treble Nectar points.
So far, after yesterday, I have £135 worth of Nectar - at this rate my car policy will be free Laughing

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
19-08-2013 12:40pm
doug

(19-08-2013 10:38am)ogpurestyle Wrote:  I am with Admiral and my renewal was also significantly increased so I did a re-quote on the web site and the cost was approximately £300 less than the renewal price. When I spoke to Admiral about the difference they very quickly agreed to the quote from the web site which was in line with what I had paid last year.

Your lucky. I had the same problems a few years ago. I just couldn't make there call centre understand that unless they match the online price for my renewal, than I will be taking my business else ware. After speaking to 3 different staff members one a manager, I give up. Admiral did receive a very nice letter from me outlining the fact they have now lost a long standing customer who in the past has had such great service, but will now never use them again.

It's not just Admiral, all these insurance companies are the same. With there low online prices to draw you in, then hack up the costs after a year or two. Evil

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
19-08-2013 01:18pm