Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reverse issues with auto transmission?
Wired

RE: Reverse issues with auto transmission?

(05-04-2012 09:11am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I put the parking brake on when the car is in D or in N and stopped at traffic lights otherwise my high level rear light burns the eyes out of the driver behind me.
Yup I do that to. I hate to sit in brake lights myself.

(05-04-2012 09:11am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also in theory if you come to a STOP line on a junction, unless you have put the parking brake on you haven't officially stopped.
That's only in the UK were you take the law very literal. There rest of the EU uses common sense. Laughing

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
05-04-2012 02:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That was why I put the "in theory" bit in, I'm sure 99% of us don't bother either

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-04-2012 03:57pm
SiT

Not sure if this is related but today i pulled up in a station and tried to put the car in R and it was locked in either D or S, the gear toggle jobbie wouldn't budge. My foot was firmly on the brake pedal too and thankfully nothing was behind me so i had time. I waited for maybe 5 seconds before it would let me move into R. First time this has happened to me but seem to remember occasionally this happed on my Merc C220 CDI many years ago. Don't imagine it’s anything to be concerned about as just clocked 1K miles but if it becomes frequent then the dealer will have to investigate.

I'm however interested in the Hesitation post in Technical area i believe where LR have a so called update to the software - wonder if this may also address this too...
06-04-2012 06:18pm
Land Rover Techy

(06-04-2012 06:18pm)SiT Wrote:  Not sure if this is related but today i pulled up in a station and tried to put the car in R and it was locked in either D or S, the gear toggle jobbie wouldn't budge. My foot was firmly on the brake pedal too and thankfully nothing was behind me so i had time. I waited for maybe 5 seconds before it would let me move into R. First time this has happened to me but seem to remember occasionally this happed on my Merc C220 CDI many years ago. Don't imagine it’s anything to be concerned about as just clocked 1K miles but if it becomes frequent then the dealer will have to investigate.

I'm however interested in the Hesitation post in Technical area i believe where LR have a so called update to the software - wonder if this may also address this too...

On a number of Evoques there is a software update in the form of a service action( Recall ) all the dealer knows that it is to do with unexpected transmission shifts, but does not give more precise info,
i would see if the recall is appliciable to your vehicle, there is a chance there is later software for the car but the dealer wont know this untill they attempt to update it

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
06-04-2012 06:40pm
SiT

(06-04-2012 06:40pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  On a number of Evoques there is a software update in the form of a service action( Recall ) all the dealer knows that it is to do with unexpected transmission shifts, but does not give more precise info,
i would see if the recall is appliciable to your vehicle, there is a chance there is later software for the car but the dealer wont know this untill they attempt to update it

Thanks LRT - i have hesitation issues at junctions or approaching a roundabout where you depress the accelerator and there’s a wait time before something happens. I had it in S today so see if it made a difference and i noticed that it didn’t portray the behaviour that it has is in D. To be honest I’m happy to plod on with it as it’s not a bug bear for me, and my wife who uses the car all the time hasn't complained about it so it, but I’m glad that a possible service solution is out there and may be applied at service time. For info mine was built around 27th Feb 2012.
06-04-2012 06:51pm