Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Illuminated tread plates fitted today
scalle

RE: Illuminated tread plates fitted today

standard on prestige in belgium

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
08-02-2013 09:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

Hi J77, this is a first post from a fellow Fifer, lol. I hope you can help me out, I have the illuminated tread plates on my Dynamic Coupe, but the previous owners haven't looked after them very well and they are pretty scuffed, so I would like to replace them with a new set. Are they easy to swap over? Thanks in advance,
Paula Smile x
13-05-2013 11:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dynamicgirl, the kick plates have done the job they were designed for then, they have taken the scuffs instead of the door sills, from experience it won't take long for your new ones to end up the same way unless you are like me and get into the car with a lot of care, and even then I still have the odd scuff!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-05-2013 12:53pm
dynamicgirl

(13-05-2013 12:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Dynamicgirl, the kick plates have done the job they were designed for then, they have taken the scuffs instead of the door sills, from experience it won't take long for your new ones to end up the same way unless you are like me and get into the car with a lot of care, and even then I still have the odd scuff!

Thanks XFFT, much appreciated Very Happy. The tread plates have indeed done their job very well, but I am totally OCD when it comes to my car and can't stand to see scratches on anything, lol. I found the guide on Topix showing how to swap them over, but yesterday afternoon I decided to give them a polish with some Autosol and a spot of elbow gease and have managed to get a good deal of the scratches out. Probably won't go to the £270 expense of replacing them now. Thanks again. Smile x
14-05-2013 10:49am
Madam Fuji

Hi, Paula, that's three of us in the mighty Fife- how lucky are we?? :0)))
14-05-2013 12:07pm
dynamicgirl

(14-05-2013 12:07pm)Madam Fuji Wrote:  Hi, Paula, that's three of us in the mighty Fife- how lucky are we?? :0)))

Hi there, Madam Fuji! Pretty lucky I'd say, lol Laughing. I'm Kirkcaldy born and bred, but for my sins I am now up in Aberdeen, though I do return to the Kingdom very regularly. Glad to be part of the forum, only had my Evoque a fortnight and loving it to bits! Very Happy x
14-05-2013 12:15pm
Madam Fuji

Hey, we joined same time!! I don't get my gorgeous baby until end June so waiting patiently!!!! ( ish) . That'll be just in time for the early Autumn snow- LOL!! X
14-05-2013 01:45pm
dynamicgirl

(14-05-2013 01:45pm)Madam Fuji Wrote:  Hey, we joined same time!! I don't get my gorgeous baby until end June so waiting patiently!!!! ( ish) . That'll be just in time for the early Autumn snow- LOL!! X

Bet you can't wait, I didn't sleep for the 2 weeks, just before mine arrived!! The way things are going you might even be lucky enough to get your car in time to still get some late Spring snow, never mind early Autumn!! Laughing x
14-05-2013 01:55pm
The Valeter

If one is carefull they should be free from scuffs. When I sold my Dynamic after 10 Months I don't remember any scuffs on my tread plates.

My dealer has offered me a set for my Pure for £250.00. Smile

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-05-2013 10:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

(14-05-2013 10:11pm)The Valeter Wrote:  If one is carefull they should be free from scuffs. When I sold my Dynamic after 10 Months I don't remember any scuffs on my tread plates.

My dealer has offered me a set for my Pure for £250.00. Smile

I agree, my previous cars have had a similar style of shiny tread plates and none of them have had so much as a mark on them come trade in time. It's not hard to step in and out of a car (even an SUV) without touching the plates. That's a very good price you've been offered, Valeter. I'm going to see how much the remaining few scuffs annoy me over the coming months and decide whether or not to buy new ones. Smile
15-05-2013 11:17am