Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ice cold climate control
wavey.dave

Ice cold climate control

Noticed recently that the climate control is pushing out freezing cold air into the footwell when the engine is cold.

Cabin temp is set to 21, air-con and auto. However, the footwell is getting a significant flow of ice cold air, even after the engine warms up.

Thank goodness for heated seats!!

Anyone else getting this?

[Image: 143277.png]
28-03-2013 11:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Ice cold climate control

Never been convinced about the heating. Always seems to retain a pocket of cold air in the footwell until a good while after the car has warmed up. Never seem to find a blast of air into the footwell....or perhaps my circulation is getting bad in older age!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
28-03-2013 01:24pm
Barton Evoque

I always find i get better heat manually using the dial and incresing fan speed.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
28-03-2013 01:34pm
Westy

(28-03-2013 01:34pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  I always find i get better heat manually using the dial and incresing fan speed.

When the car is cold I always move to manual mode, for some reason it seems to wait until the engine temperature starts to rise before it kickis into life?

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
28-03-2013 01:56pm
Kojak

It's been 1 deg C in my part of the world virtually since I got the car with a considerably colder feel outside due to wind chill but I am happy with mine on auto at 21 deg.
At worst I turned it up one day to 22.5

No different from my 3 series except generates heat slightly quicker.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
28-03-2013 09:56pm