Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just killed a rattle today
Bowl

I just killed a rattle today

I've been hunting this very annoying rattle for months, and I've finally found it.

First, remove the centre console. (Big thanks to Powerful UK)

---> http://youtu.be/_b_qio8CYlk

With the console out, you will see these 6 metal clips. They are loosely attached and you can wiggle them with your finger, hence the rattle.

[Image: null_zps521bb01c.jpg]

And here's the fix, quite simple. I just taped them down. That's it, no more rattle!!!!

[Image: null_zpsf11d947a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps21288e99.jpg]

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 02:34pm by Bowl.)
20-10-2013 12:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: I just killed a rattle today

We'll found. I have developed a buzzing from the left a pillar when on the move. Does anybody know what this is

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-10-2013 10:41pm
PhilSkill

There was an A pillar rattle fix on here somewhere, worth scouring for, seemed to be where the join is between pillar and dash, and lubricating in the join somehow.

Mines started rattling in the rear a few months ago and i've found the plastic trim at the top of the tailgate guttering that seals to the back of the roof is loose, found it while looking at the rust staining in the tailgate area

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-10-2013 11:24pm
benzina

(20-10-2013 11:24pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  There was an A pillar rattle fix on here somewhere, worth scouring for, seemed to be where the join is between pillar and dash, and lubricating in the join somehow.

Mines started rattling in the rear a few months ago and i've found the plastic trim at the top of the tailgate guttering that seals to the back of the roof is loose, found it while looking at the rust staining in the tailgate area

I think you might be talking about my fix ..... see post #15 in the thread ''Have you got a rattle or two?''

Link - http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...two?page=2

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 02:08am by benzina.)
21-10-2013 02:06am
m_101

So after PhilSkill pointed me back to this thread, I tried this this morning.
I may have been (quite a bit) more generous with the tape than you and also taped a couple of the bearing areas with some more "cushioned" foam type tape.
I also took the liberty of tightening up just about every other screw I could find in the centre console at the same time (by hand so as not to overdo anything), a couple in there were a bit loose!
Went for a quick test drive earlier and it seems to have really done the trick - thanks for finding this Bowl!
By the way it is REALLY simple to remove the top of the centre console - if I can do it anyone can!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 12:48pm by m_101.)
05-01-2014 12:47pm
tetstb

Point is you shouldn't have to resort to shed engineering

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
05-01-2014 07:20pm
m_101

True, but Land Rover's "Rattle Kit" didn't solve it. So I had to resort to trying something myself. If it fails to cure the problem then I'll go back to the stealers!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
05-01-2014 07:44pm
PhilSkill

Glad it helped! Enjoy your rattle free Evoque.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 12:18am by PhilSkill.)
06-01-2014 12:17am