Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am in Norway, and my car turns up at the dealers!
ED209

I am in Norway, and my car turns up at the dealers!

Stood at the side of a fjord in Norway today doing a spot of fishing and miss a call from the dealer, I am then unable to retrieve the voice message he left (too complicated in Norweigan).

However on returning to the digs check my emails to find a message telling me my car has turned up at the dealers and will be ready for me at the weekend!!!!! woo hoo, positive news at last!

Still it turning up with no notice or communication (was last due 10th April) means i dont have any time to sell my mondeo snotter. Will have to speak to the dealer to see if they will take it off my hands for £400 or if they can arrange the 7 day drive away cover for me so that i can use that week to sell the mondeo.

Realisitcally it would make a fab car for a family on a budjet. Its x reg, 103k on the clock (97k of them by one owner the rest by me) its taxed to the end of june and MOT til and i mean full) service history. It has been utterly faultless during my ownership. Got to be worth £500 - 600 to somebody to last a year or two cheap motoring.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-03-2012 06:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

RE: I am in Norway, and my car turns up at the dealers!

After what you have been through ED, it was always going to turn up unannounced when you were away, but you probably sensed that! Still at least it will be ready for you when you get back.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
26-03-2012 07:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ed, look at it this way - they now have plenty of time to prep it perfectly before you get back and start hammering on their door.
WRT the Mondeo, do you need the £500 toward the Evoque? Surely you can keep it as your supermarket shopping car that nobody on this earth would want to park next to and ding the sides off as they throw their own car's doors open. Give it another 6 months tax and a KwikFit £30MOT, let one of our resident "Detailers" loose on it and sell it for £750

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2012 07:29pm
ED209

(26-03-2012 07:29pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ed, look at it this way - they now have plenty of time to prep it perfectly before you get back and start hammering on their door.
WRT the Mondeo, do you need the £500 toward the Evoque? Surely you can keep it as your supermarket shopping car that nobody on this earth would want to park next to and ding the sides off as they throw their own car's doors open. Give it another 6 months tax and a KwikFit £30MOT, let one of our resident "Detailers" loose on it and sell it for £750

I dont really need 2 cars, plus its 2 lots of tax, and insurance and somewhere to park it. Its already MOT til next Jan anyway, will stick it up for sale on ebay on weds, even if i take it to the scrap yard i will get £150 for it so it will be 7 months motoring for £500 which still isnt too bad! My scirocco would have probably depreciated by £££££ in that same time.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-03-2012 07:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well enjoy the Evoque when it arrives!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2012 07:44pm
Evo-king

Who cares. Wayhay, I'm so ruddy chuffed for you, now to read what has been said.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-03-2012 08:34pm
ChuckieB

(26-03-2012 07:35pm)ED209 Wrote:  I dont really need 2 cars, plus its 2 lots of tax, and insurance and somewhere to park it. Its already MOT til next Jan anyway, will stick it up for sale on ebay on weds, even if i take it to the scrap yard i will get £150 for it so it will be 7 months motoring for £500 which still isnt too bad! My scirocco would have probably depreciated by £££££ in that same time.

£150 at a scrap yard? I was pleasantly surprised when I got £194 for a renault scenic. Around £140 per ton at the time. Load it with a bit of ballast and who knows, you might get a bit more. Wink

I had even been thinking to offer it to the fire brigade but in the end couldn't turn my nose up at that sort of money!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
26-03-2012 08:46pm
ED209

(26-03-2012 08:34pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Who cares. Wayhay, I'm so ruddy chuffed for you, now to read what has been said.

Im over the moon to be honest, Only had a mail from the dealer saying it should be ready for the weekend. Monday would be better as im on nights over this weekend, but i want it asap lol.

26-03-2012 08:56pm
THEMACS

Great News Ed, very happy to hear thisVery Happy

Roll on the Weekend!Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-03-2012 09:22pm
ED209

I even have the reg number now, and confirmation of my reg.

Couldnt create an ebay ad for my mondeo as away but stuck the details on facebook, kid i know from school recons he wants it and is coming to have a look on weds night, thats at £550, to be honest for 400 he can have it. That will be 7 months motoring for what my evoque will probably loose every 3-4 weeks lol.

26-03-2012 09:28pm