Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunters Mode
musher

Hunters Mode

Hi everyone. I have had an issue regarding the interiors lights not working in the way that they are supposed to. The lights and puddle lamps were not coming on when unlocking the car via the remote.
Anyway, having taken it back to the dealer on 4 seperate occassions so that they could try and resolve the issue which they couldn't on the 5th occassion I had to take it back after keeping it for 4 weeks trying to resolve the issue, a decision was finally made that the car had to be returned to the factory to enable them to try and fix the problem.
Having had the car up at the factory for 2 weeks I have just received a call from LR Customer Services saying that the issue has been resolved and when I asked what the problem had been I was told that somehow the car had locked it self in what he called the Hunters Mode and to resolve the problem they had to replace the complete module.
1st question: has anyone ever heard of this mode (don't bother looking in the manual as it's not there) and 2nd question: what on earth does it do and final question: how do you activate and de-activate itQuestionQuestionQuestion
Quick update. Just spoken to my dealer informing them about the car and if they had heard about this mode. They informed me that the hunters mode is something that you can activate when you don't want to bring attention to yourself when unlocking the car at night ie none of the lights come on.
Why you would want to do that for I have no ideaExclamationExclamation However, they couldn't tell me how this is done as like I said earlier it's not covered anywhere in the manual.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 04:59pm by musher.)
10-07-2012 04:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Hunters Mode

Ha... must be for when you're out hunting and you don't want to spook the wildlife when unlocking your Evoque...
10-07-2012 05:31pm
cjfp

Or when you're round the mistress' house and, having jumped out the window, you don't want her husband to see!

Isn't this back to the 'hold your hand on the centre dome light for 2secs to turn on / off when door opened' thing?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 06:07pm by cjfp.)
10-07-2012 06:06pm
Bowl

(10-07-2012 06:06pm)cjfp Wrote:  Isn't this back to the 'hold your hand on the centre dome light for 2secs to turn on / off when door opened' thing?

At first I was thinking of the same thing... But does this explain the puddle lamps not coming on also?

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
10-07-2012 06:56pm
ED209

Hunters mode?? interesting way of describing a fault

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
10-07-2012 07:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

More like so you don't disturb the rest of the dogging site mode!
One reason for disabling the lights etc is that in some places it is forbidden to activate self check horn beeps after dark so you don't disturb the neighbours. I assume that if the lights don't flash then the horn doesn't peep either

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 08:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-07-2012 08:00pm
Bowl

If it's a 'mode' and not a fault, then there must be a way to activate/deactivate it rather than having to replace the module.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
10-07-2012 08:03pm