Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to build a Range Rover Evoque
GibEvoque

RE: How to build a Range Rover Evoque

(22-02-2012 11:15am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Really good piece, thanks for the link.

I also followed a further link to their Evoque v. Infiniti test. Confusingly, they appear to have tested a Dynamic but state, descriptively, that it wasn't fitted with adaptive dynamics. How can that be?

Euro spec, AD is an option and only available on SD4 and Si4, My TD4 Dynamic doesn't have it.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
22-02-2012 12:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(22-02-2012 12:03pm)WB Wrote:  I think you'll be very happy with your choice of 19" wheels and standard suspension. I'm very impressed with mine on rough roads and pot holes and found this combination far more comfortable than the AD I test drove.

In theory I could see that AD could be tuned for comfort but in the case of the Evoque I think it has been tuned for a sporty firmer ride rather than comfort.

That's really encouraging. Thanks very much for your feedback. After months of doubts, I now feel that I've made the right choice.

(Incidentally, from your earlier post I'd thought that you bought a Dynamic but would have preferred it without AD - I didn't realise you had gone for a Prestige).
22-02-2012 12:39pm
WB
WB

(22-02-2012 12:39pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  That's really encouraging. Thanks very much for your feedback. After months of doubts, I now feel that I've made the right choice.

(Incidentally, from your earlier post I'd thought that you bought a Dynamic but would have preferred it without AD - I didn't realise you had gone for a Prestige).

Glad to have helped put your mind at ease.

I finally settled on a Pure. If I could have bought a Dynamic without AD I would have gone that way. Instead I went for a Pure and may add the body kit.
22-02-2012 12:53pm
Donny Dog

(22-02-2012 12:53pm)WB Wrote:  Glad to have helped put your mind at ease.

I finally settled on a Pure. If I could have bought a Dynamic without AD I would have gone that way. Instead I went for a Pure and may add the body kit.

We seem to have opinions in common! I too prefer the Dynamic exterior. To me, the Dynamic has a more chunky, even slab-sided, 4x4 look, which doesn't really suit its sporty theme, but, in five doors, looks like a 'proper' Range Rover. Indeed, I've gone for Orkney Grey partly to disguise the amount of otherwise contrasting finishes.
22-02-2012 01:16pm
zippy

Wouldn't be great to have a video done of the whole process of the build. It is so interesting on how things get made and to see the Evoque being made would be brill.
22-02-2012 05:05pm
Big G

(22-02-2012 11:34am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Thanks. I hadn't noticed the wheels (not that observant!). Did they make a special Evoque just for the press, then?

I've got a Prestige coming early March, and didn't specify adaptive dynamics on the dealer's advice. However, since joining this forum and reading comments about it, I have regretted the decision. You are the first person who has suggested that they would prefer it without (which is therefore encouraging!). Why do you feel like that about it?

AD on my Prestige with 19" wheels - absolutely fantastic !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-02-2012 05:10pm
ami_evo

Very cool! I enjoyed reading it, thanks for posting!
22-02-2012 05:16pm
Donny Dog

(22-02-2012 05:10pm)Big G Wrote:  AD on my Prestige with 19" wheels - absolutely fantastic !

Now you're upsetting me again!!

What difference do you find it makes? Do you find it a better ride in normal driving, or only when cornering hard, etc.?
22-02-2012 05:21pm
ChuckieB

(22-02-2012 05:21pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Now you're upsetting me again!!

What difference do you find it makes? Do you find it a better ride in normal driving, or only when cornering hard, etc.?

Haven't pushed mine hard as yet in Dynamic mode as I am still happy to take it easy for the first 1000 miles or so. I am facing the fact that this is an SUV and not a hot hatch. It will never match my Clio for handling under the right conditions!

It may be argued that the overall ride in a non AD equipped car in either 19" or 20" mode will generally be more compliant than in an AD car in normal mode. You have to decide where the balence is to be had. In the end I went for AD with 19" to achieve some middle ground. The question I am likely to ask myself is how often I will be bothered to switch it into Dynamic mode given the state of our roads!

In some ways it is not actually a fair comparison to make.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
22-02-2012 06:58pm
Barneyridge

I can't get over the idea of a car built every 70 seconds. If I lived over in the UK I think the factory tour would be a must.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
22-02-2012 09:52pm