Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I sit in my Evoque?
pinkkey

I own my Evoque 3 years and I still donno how to sit probably in the driver seat. The seat is extremely low and can be only adjust the height of the back. No matter how adjust the seat, my legs are hanging in the air, this made me very very tired and uncomfortable when driving this car. 2 weeks ago I began driving someone to school took 4 hours everyday... Basically it's killing me...

The viewpoint of the driver seat is also badly design. Rear view, u don't see anything... Front view, u have 40% view and other is blocked by the big poles, big mirrors... Etc, and it's perfectly blocked your left turn view, I always afraid i will drive into pedestrian someday...

The car itself is very good, it's a very fine performance handling from LL, I loved it. But since the driver seat is so badly designed, I felt I am a man wearing a pair of 4 inch high heels... Looks good but it's painful, only myself know...

I loved the car but I will not suggest my friend buying one. I am a 5'7 thin Asian male, and I have 25 years driving experience, from Honda , BMW, Mercedes , LL... Etc
17-09-2015 10:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jph

Hi Pinkkey
I'm 5'7" but don't have your problem.
Try this
Bring the seat to max height
Slide seat forward till you can press down fully on pedals
Rest you wrists on the top of the steering wheel without leaning forward- adjust steering wheel toward you if your wrists don't reach.

The extra height helps you see over the side mirrors
Cheers John
18-09-2015 12:47am
scrannel

RE: How should I sit in my Evoque?

Tend toward a somewhat relaxed position. Bottom slightly forward, back just reclined enough to not feel like boy racer. Last weekend made a six hour trip from So. Cal to San Jose, then two days later turned around and another six hours home. One of the most comfortable rides I've ever owned. Never felt the need to get out and stretch.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
18-09-2015 03:50pm
Good shot

RE: How should I sit in my Evoque?

Orthopaedic wise I read some where your lower back, shoulders and back of head should all be in contact with the seat.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
18-09-2015 05:30pm
borbor1313

Hi also 5'7 and thin . Also found lack of front of seat height really annoying but have found good driving position now and seat doesn't both me anymore.
Move seat forward a lot then
Basically lower seat as low as possible so bottom below height of knees
Then move seat backward until feet are comfortable on the pedals .
From this position you can then raise the back of the seat to your desired height hopefully still with some back to the front rise left in the seat so there is support under your thighs still. Then adjust the steering wheel angle and steering wheel extension to got your arms .
Have found that by doing this no longer aware of the stupid side bolsters pressing into your mid- thigh region anymore because your legs do not need to splay out anymore
Visibility for general driving is fine for me so you should be ok in this position . Unfortunately no getting around the stupid side mirror blind spots for any evoque. drivers under 6ft.
Goodluck
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 01:31pm by borbor1313.)
24-09-2015 01:26pm