Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How secure is the Evoque and........
iwf

How secure is the Evoque and........

So I've reading these grim tales of Evoques being stolen, it appears often without force, and with my Evoque going to live on the street in South London, I was wondering just how secure they are, whether I should worry too much and what others do to protect theirs.
27-10-2014 12:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
t16mbo

RE: How secure is the Evoque and........

If they want they will have
I'm currently in a focus Rs which are being stolen daily.
They have had a go 4 times on mine.
Mines belled up, trackered, steering lock and obd gone.
They now still taking with those mods done.
27-10-2014 07:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How did you immobilse the OBD port or has it just been relocated?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2014 09:47am
t16mbo

You can cut it out
Or relocate
27-10-2014 11:48am
Donny Dog

(27-10-2014 12:00am)iwf Wrote:  So I've reading these grim tales of Evoques being stolen, it appears often without force, and with my Evoque going to live on the street in South London, I was wondering just how secure they are, whether I should worry too much and what others do to protect theirs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29786320
27-10-2014 02:54pm
gunner

(27-10-2014 12:00am)iwf Wrote:  So I've reading these grim tales of Evoques being stolen, it appears often without force, and with my Evoque going to live on the street in South London, I was wondering just how secure they are, whether I should worry too much and what others do to protect theirs.

Sad bring back physical ignition keys?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/in...20186.html

Indus Silver Dynamic Si4 Coupe
27-10-2014 03:48pm
Sarcastrix

We've been discussing this for a long while in this thread: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-St...-in-Poland

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
27-10-2014 04:03pm
Tony

Theres hope to be rid of it yet, just drive down and park it in London. However it would no doubt breakdown as the scum bags were driving it away and I would still be stuck with it!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
27-10-2014 04:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There was a long section about this on BBC R4's You and Your's consumer program at lunchtime today. It would appear that it isn't just Land Rover owners who are suffering, BMW and Mercedes cars are also being stolen, interesting though that the representative from the insurance industry stated that Audi's are NOT being stolen in significant numbers. Worse is to come - anybody with a Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport or FFRR is likely to find that if they live in or around London then they will more than likely be refused insurance next year unless they can prove that their car is garaged overnight (he claimed that so far all reported thefts have been of cars left outside on the drive or on street, no reported thefts of cars secured inside garages).
Also the ABI recommends that anybody with a Range Rover of any sort, BMW or Merc of any sort should step back in time and purchase a good old fashioned DiscLoc or Crookloc as these completely foil the thief with a laptop/ smartphone and GPS/Phone signal jammers. Time to go dust off the old tech security system!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2014 05:25pm
MrNoo

(27-10-2014 03:48pm)gunner Wrote:  Sad bring back physical ignition keys?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/in...20186.html

An interesting article. I wonder what Land Rovers own insurance requires owners to do. If they won't insure Range Rovers in London then that is tantamount to admitting they have a problem.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
27-10-2014 06:00pm