Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long do you expect to keep your Evoque ?
ChuckieB

RE: How long do you expect to keep your Evoque ?

On the whole I reckon to keep the cars I own 7-8 years so owning 2 I'll at least get one replaced every 3-4 years.
If you don't pick a dud then there seems hardly any point changing any more frequently. After that time I always start to think more about air bag sensors, seat belt pretensioners, dodgy electrics etc. Mechanicals are easy and cars don't rust anymore. This is my first diesel so I'm perhaps expecting it to run forever!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-02-2012 08:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

I reckon on 7 years but knowing me I'll change after four.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-02-2012 10:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(17-02-2012 01:39am)chiggy Wrote:  Possibly till the next RRS comes out - 2-3 years... or till a 300BHP Evoque R/Supercharged comes out.

So I'd say two years... if none of those happen first it'll definitely be at least 5.

+1, but I suspect the next RRS will be in the price range of the current FFRR which will put it out of my spending power. As I will be retiring in 4 years or so then I am looking at reducing to one car in the household and that could well mean my next car would be one of the last of the Puma engined Defender 90's loaded with all the off road toys. My current Defender will be 20 years old by then and still have less than 100,000 miles on it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-02-2012 10:30am
GibEvoque

It will depend on the price of the next RRS, but expect to last 3years (guess on 3 years 1 day evwerything will fail and will have no warranty), but i also fancy a quick saloon/estate next so also depends on the next XF/A4 etc and if they take my fancy.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
17-02-2012 10:42am
dandavis1

(17-02-2012 08:15am)sethor Wrote:  Maybe 3-4 years, will most likely go for a RRS next.

After my experience so far, this will be the first and almost certainly the last RR I'll ever own.
17-02-2012 10:54am
THEMACS

(17-02-2012 10:54am)dandavis1 Wrote:  After my experience so far, this will be the first and almost certainly the last RR I'll ever own.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Haven't even taken delivery and am seriously getting peed off with it... It will have to be something EXTREMELY SPECIAL to rectify this!!

Probably keep it for a good 7/8 years, well if it doesn't fall to bits or explode, which looks like will be a big ask judging certain members comments! It isn't my car anyway, its The Bosses, Mrs Mac!! I shall hopefully be indulging in the New M3 in a couple of yearsVery HappyVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-02-2012 11:41am
chiggy

How long do you expect to keep your Evoque ?

I don't think it would be so far in price compared to what it is at the moment. Cause otherwise the FFRR will be way to expensive and only available for the extremely exclusive. If anything it'll go up like £5-7k here. I do hope it looks great and different and isn't just an evoque with a bigger boot.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
17-02-2012 12:12pm
ED209

Depends how good/reliable it turns out to be and how i bond with it.
17-02-2012 12:28pm
blacktrees1

before I'd got the car I'd felt that this was the car I would finally keep for a long time. My wife made it a condition of spending the moneyLaughing.... I'd done a TCO study and it all made sense to be a sound purchase. However as it actually does 40% less mpg than expected ....... I might be changing it in the next few weeksCrying

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
17-02-2012 12:43pm
Pommyboi

I was going for a 2 year finance but it depends on interest rates on offer at the time the car arrives, given the hassle of waiting for the car to be delivered I might keep it 3 years if the payments are low enough.

After that everything depends on income but I suspect it will be back to a car which is cheaper to tax, service, run and buy as I'm on a fixed term contract until the end of 2014.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
17-02-2012 12:45pm