Poll: How long will you keep your Evoque?
1 year
2 years
3 years
4 years
>4 years
10k miles
20k miles
40k miles
60k miles
>60k miles
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long do you expect to keep your Evoque?
mark_n

How long do you expect to keep your Evoque?

One of the things that surprises me is how often some people like to change their cars. I tend to have multiple cars and keep them for a long time - my 4 are 2, 6, 9, 16 years old - it's the 6 year old which is going.

So how long do you expect to keep your Evoque and/or how many miles do you expect to drive? In my case, 5 years, 100k miles unless a hot version comes out.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 05:31am by mark_n.)
24-08-2011 05:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: How long do you expect to keep your Evoque?

Great topic Mark and this time one we've not had before!

I'm always surprised too at the short length of time some people keep theres, especially new cars that lose so much value.

In 21 years of driving this will only be my 3rd car and hopefully a keeper for a good long while. Car no. 2 staying too though.
24-08-2011 05:33am
Token

Great question...

I get bored fairly quickly so generally keep a car for no more than 12 months; however, the Evoque is the car to change that! My plan is to keep it forever (unless a Supercharged model comes out) as every man should have a Range Rover! And then instead of changing my car every year at a cost of c. £15, I shal just buy an additional car every 3 years to finally establish the collection of cars I've always wanted to have!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
24-08-2011 06:32am
Jonathon555

3 years for me , I have multiple cars

I need to keep it 3 years as my every day runner

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
24-08-2011 06:57am
griff

It will be four years for me. I use my car for work and get an allowance which matches its cost. During that time I will do about 65,000 miles so reckon that is the time cars start to cost with bits wearing out.

This time, however I might keep it longer if it is economical to run. The diesel engine should be good for a couple of hundred thousand miles, with luck and plastic and aluminum are more resistant to corrosion but maybe less so in respect of wear = we'll see.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-08-2011 08:02am
ED209

Its usually 2 years for me, had the current car almost 2.5 now, However everytime i buy a new car i vow it will be my last lol
24-08-2011 08:33am
Blackseries

Good Question...... at this stage I plan to keep it at least 4 years but I have noticed that there is a point in a hot cars life when it makes economic sense to sell it and that is is about 18 months to 2 years (from my experience). With a car in demand you can sell it at that point and it costs you virtually nothing - as long as LR don't over supply the market. I've done it a couple of times. If the 8 speed box comes out and you can choose Dynamic outside Prestige inside then that would also help to make a change make sense for me.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
24-08-2011 08:57am
Ezandania

The Evoque is a keeper for me Smile I still have my 1999 Honda S2000 and also the 2003 Mini Cooper S R53 - both of which I don't have plans of selling it. In my opinion, these cars are iconic and has huge sentimental value. They might be cranky from time to time, but I guess that's where the love goes to Smile

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 08:58am by Ezandania.)
24-08-2011 08:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I start out with good intentions to keep the new one for 3 years but usually something else comes along after 12-18 months that takes my fancy - however I have owned my Defender for 11 years so far and have no intentions of getting rid of it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 09:04am by XFullFatTim.)
24-08-2011 09:03am
caroline11000

Will be at least 4 years for me unless it gives me nothing but trouble and keeps going wrong - lets hope not!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
24-08-2011 10:01am