Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you put your VIN into TOPIX
mywillia

How do you put your VIN into TOPIX

Question as above

Do you need a subscription or can anybody do this?

Thanks
Mark
It's OK I've answered my own question.

You have to be registered first and then login!

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 02:31pm by mywillia.)
23-10-2011 02:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: How do you put your VIN into TOPIX

Hi
Yes you need to register on Topix which is the free part, you can then need if you wish pay for "Time Access" EG 12hrs, 24hrs, week year etc etc . When you have valid time left you can view all documents and workshop info as you wish.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:04pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-10-2011 04:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mywillia

Thanks Pete

I already had a login from when I'd previously used topix for my wifes RRS

Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
23-10-2011 04:20pm
bell-auto-services

If you want me to test if your car shows without a purchase PM me your vin and ill try for you.
Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:24pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-10-2011 04:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RRE

Just a question: when I choose the option to register to TOPIx, it appears the page with the "TOPIx Terms and Conditions of Registration and Use" where the first condition to be met in order to be authorized to register states: "You are an independent automotive-related service or repair business". Since I'm "just" a consumer, that's not my case: is there a different registration procedure for consumers?
23-10-2011 04:26pm
bell-auto-services

No its a bit of a bad site and registration form to fill in really, id just put your personal name in that "fill box" when you fill in the registration form.

pete

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:28pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-10-2011 04:27pm
RRE

Pete,
thanks for the reply, but if I accept the Terms&Conditions, the next page asks me for my personal details (name, email,...) and basically I would be making a "false declaration" and, actually, I'm not very keen on doing that...
I think I can survice without registering, it's only that type of curiosity that today's internet is creating/facilitating and that, only a few years ago, nobody would have thought about
23-10-2011 05:30pm
bell-auto-services

Fair point, if you are not happy then dont reg. It may be worth if you are interested to ask the Topix people from the support section as its commonly known that public and businesses alike can register legally on the site but as you say the T&C are not good for the public registrations.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 05:56pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-10-2011 05:55pm
mywillia

(23-10-2011 04:24pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  If you want me to test if your car shows without a purchase PM me your vin and ill try for you.
Pete

Pete, thanks for that offer. I assume then that as a "consumer" user that I can only see details of completed cars? My wife's VIN has some odd things. What the hell is LESS DRESS UP RSO and MARKETING LEVEL 1?

Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
23-10-2011 10:45pm
berlin2011

whatever DRESS UP RSO is, at least you don't have it Laughing

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
23-10-2011 11:22pm