Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Was It For You Survey?
Spiderman

RE: How Was It For You Survey?

Tosh indeed!!!

May I suggest you contact JLR to vent your frustrations, as opposed to coming across all negative & unpleasant in the Forum, as it would appear you have received an appalling lack of service from your Dealership....I'm surprised you're buying a car from this Dealer at all...given there are so many decent dealers out there who will give you a much better service in the JLR Channel!!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
09-10-2011 04:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tekno
Banned

May I suggest mark_n DOES vent and get all negative on the forum - it's interesting to hear other's experiences, warts and all.

I've had my Evoque 2 weeks and have been asked (by email) to complete two surveys, one by land rover and one by Guy Salmon.

I thought the service I received was appalling and marked the survey as such (even though they reminded me on three occasions to mark them as 'outstanding').

I then had the manager of my dealership call and email saying he was surprised at my feedback and has never had anyone mark them as I did. Apparently they're 4th best dealer in the country or something.

I thought they were absolutely crap.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 07:51am by Tekno.)
09-10-2011 07:47am
memota

I work in market research, and one of our key areas is customer experience measurement, which we do for b2b and retail consumers. We have particular expertise in this area. Understanding customer satisfaction is critical in running a business - it's a key way in which products and services improve, and is also a very effective way to drive business improvement. I see it time and time again - the businesses that drive this discipline and listen to their customers are the more successful ones. There is a clear correlation (both mathematically and anecdotally) between satisfied customers and business health (among other things of course).

We have done work for GM who have a solid method of contacting recent purchasers. I have had personal experience with VW, who also contact customers after purchase and servicing seeking feedback. This is done by head office, not the dealer, and responses can be kept confidential or shared with the dealer if you want them to contact you directly.

Suggesting that early adopters should not complain is (no offence) ridiculous. This is the time that LR should be listening so they can be agile in making improvements, not just to the product but also the experience. 10 years ago there weren't forums like this. If I look at the number of guests who are viewing at any one time it suggests that us registered members are in the minority. Word of mouth is stronger than ever, and bad service will only damage the brand and sales.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 10:20am by memota.)
09-10-2011 10:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

With Land Rover it is done by a 3rd Party company on behalf of Customer Services, I am used to getting surveys within a couple of weeks of having purchased a new or used car and whenever repairs or servicing has been carried - to date with my Evoque nothing, silence from LRCS.
The results of the delivery/ dealership survey are, as Tekno points out, extremely important to the dealerships as they get points toward their national standing. I am not surprised that Tenko received a letter from the DP because even though you don't take have to sent the survey back, or even allow LR to send it on to the dealership LR will follow up positive and negative comments.

I am surprised (maybe I shouldn'tt be!) that Tenko's dealership told him how they expected him to rate them and that action, after his obviously substandard buying experience would, be enough to make me never visit that dealership again.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 10:29am by XFullFatTim.)
09-10-2011 10:28am
Spiderman

In amongst the good Dealerships there certainly seems to be some atrocious ones out there for sure and I wholeheartedly agree client surveys are vastly important to any manufacturer and client feedback is very important for them and their Dealers, especially at the early stages of any products development.

My point above concerned the 'Tosh' comment made to my statement as we are all entitled to our personal opinions and there are far more pleasant ways to convey a message of disagreement to a fellow forum user & whilst I understand and fully support Mark's viewpoint and stance I felt it could have been conveyed differently to provide him a more positive experience; as I for one would have been on the phone with JLR to have them look very, very closely at my order had I been subjected to such an appalling lack of client service or focus from my Dealership!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 12:28pm by Spiderman.)
09-10-2011 12:25pm
Tekno
Banned

After the manager contacted me saying he was surprised at my feedback, I emailed him a (lengthy) list of reasons why I marked them as 'very poor'.

I'd like to forward it to Land Rover HQ as I think it's important they k ow how crap the dealer was.

Does anyone know an address to which I should write?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 03:31pm by Tekno.)
09-10-2011 03:29pm
Spiderman

(09-10-2011 03:29pm)Tekno Wrote:  After the manager contacted me saying he was surprised at my feedback, I emailed him a (lengthy) list of reasons why I marked them as 'very poor'.

I'd like to forward it to Land Rover HQ as I think it's important they k ow how crap the dealer was.

Does anyone know an address to which I should write?

Jaguar Land Rover Headquarters
Banbury Road
Gaydon
Warwickshire
CV35 0XJ

09-10-2011 03:33pm
Tekno
Banned

Wow - quick! And anyone have a name? Or just customer services?
Or even an email address.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 03:35pm by Tekno.)
09-10-2011 03:34pm
Spiderman

No name, suggest you send to Head of Customer Relations

09-10-2011 03:39pm
bogstomper

I think Bill Fennell is the Customer Services Director, might be worth addressing to him if you feel strongly enough about it.

JLR could do worse than read this forum as well?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 04:14pm by bogstomper.)
09-10-2011 04:13pm