Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holidaying In Florida (Disney).
Evo-king

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney).

Andy.

You had better hope she doesn't read this, it won't be much of a surprise.

I managed only just to do something similar for my wifes 40th. Presented her with tickets for two weeks in Zante, she adores the Greek Islands.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-01-2014 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Sods law re the high season, I had thought that late October would be out of season, thinking of UK I guess!

Went on tinternet last night & into Thomsons in the high street today & it seems for an apartment/ travel inn or whatever you call it the average for that time seems to be around £1000 per head including my 12 year old son Evil
That is flights, room & car.

They then said allow approximately £500 each for theme park passes!!!!
Is there much difference during different months? Don't want July/August etc as I hate the heat. Can't really go out of school holidays either (officially). Problem is her birthday is late October so in a way it has go to be then but then my 50th is end of next February.
(29-01-2014 04:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Andy.

You had better hope she doesn't read this, it won't be much of a surprise.

I managed only just to do something similar for my wifes 40th. Presented her with tickets for two weeks in Zante, she adores the Greek Islands.

Should be fine, she doesn't go on the forums!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 05:24pm by The Valeter.)
29-01-2014 05:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

October/November is a good time to go. Any later and it can be too cold. We've been there in January and have had to wear a coat all day. Nasty bitter cold wind from the north.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
29-01-2014 05:33pm
Nowaytk

Went out the end of nov beginning of dec, apart from thanksgiving weekend it was relatively quiet. Although I wasn't in Orlando, a bit further south in naples & Miami the temps were just the same as Orlando, late 70's to early 80's & no thunderstorms in the afternoons

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
29-01-2014 09:39pm
Bugblatter

School half term hols are at end of Oct in your area so flight prices will go up considerably.

2017 Range Rover Evoque SE Tech Auto Firenze Red .
29-01-2014 10:00pm
BobM

"Went on tinternet last night & into Thomsons in the high street today & it seems for an apartment/ travel inn or whatever you call it the average for that time seems to be around £1000 per head including my 12 year old son Evil
That is flights, room & car.
They then said allow approximately £500 each for theme park passes!!!!"

They are pretty spot on with the prices for the holiday and the park passes though if you dont go to Disney you can get a 14 day pass to universal + wet & wild + Busch Gardens, Tampa for about £150 each (http://www.floridatix.co.uk)

Weather in May and October are probably the best all round for lack of humidity/rain and May can get up to 100 degrees (80 at night) whereas Ive only experienced 80 - 90 degrees in late October. I went once for three weeks in May and never saw a drop of rain at all.

Cheap car hire at (amongst others) -

http://uscarhireoffers.alamo.co.uk/flori...ct&sissr=1

Also try http://www.usrentacar.co.uk (they also have a smartphone app - so no need to carry paper documents once booked)

Tolls are only charged on certain (clearly marked) roads in and around Kissimmee/International Drive and are easily avoided. They are not too expensive, for example 60miles each way from Orlando area to Cocoa Beach (Cape Canaveral) is around $10 in total if I remember correctly. Main interstates (I 4 is the main one around Kissimmee) are free.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
30-01-2014 02:58am