Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hitch Assist and reverse cam views
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hitch Assist and reverse cam views

After ages searching for this in the cams menu and not finding it I have accidentally found how to select different views on the reversing cams.......... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Not sure if this is the same for all versions of Evoque, but on my Dynamic Plus Lux:
Engage Reverse and wait an age for the cam view to appear on the screen,
Tap in the middle of the screen and a menu appears with 4 choices of view - PDC aid (these are the amber and red boxes that appear on the screen as you approach something) , Park Assist aid (the solid and pecked yellow lines that appear on the screen), Hitching aid (a view of the tow hitch with a yellow line that you line up your trailer with and reverse down) and auto-towball zoom (close up to show you that you aren't going to hit the tow ball) - each have a tick to select, x to deselect. If you select Hitching aid then you loose the Park Assist lines, also I don't know if you still have this if you don't have the LR trailer electrics or if you get it with nonOEM electrics .

There was a request recently asking how to select the plan view on the screen. In the top right corner of the reverse cam screen there is a rectangle with an arrow each side, touch this and you won't get a proper plan view, you get a view like you would using a Fish-Eye lens on a camera but can see the number plate and bumper as well as right round to the sides of the car instead of directly behind the cam.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 07:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-04-2012 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Hitch Assist and reverse cam views

(02-04-2012 07:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  After ages searching for this in the cams menu and not finding it I have accidentally found how to select different views on the reversing cams.......... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Not sure if this is the same for all versions of Evoque, but on my Dynamic Plus Lux:
Engage Reverse and wait an age for the cam view to appear on the screen,
Tap in the middle of the screen and a menu appears with 4 choices of view - PDC aid (these are the amber and red boxes that appear on the screen as you approach something) , Park Assist aid (the solid and pecked yellow lines that appear on the screen), Hitching aid (a view of the tow hitch with a yellow line that you line up your trailer with and reverse down) and auto-towball zoom (close up to show you that you aren't going to hit the tow ball) - each have a tick to select, x to deselect. If you select Hitching aid then you loose the Park Assist lines, also I don't know if you still have this if you don't have the LR trailer electrics or if you get it with nonOEM electrics .

There was a request recently asking how to select the plan view on the screen. In the top right corner of the reverse cam screen there is a rectangle with an arrow each side, touch this and you won't get a proper plan view, you get a view like you would using a Fish-Eye lens on a camera but can see the number plate and bumper as well as right round to the sides of the car instead of directly behind the cam.

You also get this with a Prestige, and, yes, you do get the hitching aid even if you don't actually have a tow bar. You don't have to touch the centre of the screen, anywhere on the image will do - I found this option when I was trying to find out what the downward pointing arrow at the top left did (so if you touch that, you equally get the options you describe). I initially though that this is what the arrow was for, but it also appears when you magnify the reverse camera without being in reverse gear, and then it appears to do nothing at all. Any ideas what it represents?

I also think that the pan and magnify options on the reverse camera, available when NOT in reverse gear, would be useful in actual reversing, and I can't really understand why they aren't. Indeed, as they aren't options for use when you are reversing, I'm not sure what they are for.

Incidentally, as I've commented on elsewhere on the forum, I can see my rear number plate in normal reversing, even without the fish eye view selected - again, I don't know why.
02-04-2012 10:11pm
chiggy

You get it with the pure too I believe - the hitch assist and red blocks for sensors are always on for me.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
03-04-2012 03:38am
Barneyridge

I used the hitch assist but on my Pure I thought there was only 3 options. Tim the forth option you describe as a zoom I can't remember seeing.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-04-2012 01:11pm
simonc

I think you only get the zoom/fish-eye option with the full surround cameras.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
03-04-2012 02:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Simon is right, I have the Lux pack on mine

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-04-2012 05:04pm