Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hire car
Rossy100

Hire car

Out of the blue (and by no means definite yet) I may have a agreed a sale on my current car. The problem with this is that it will leave me without a car for around a month until my Evoque is ready.

Any advice on good deals to hire a car for this period?

Alternatively, has anyone been able to get the LR dealer to lend them a car for a short time whilst waiting for delivery?

Thanks.
08-05-2012 11:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Hire car

I've been in the same position - my supplying dealer hadn't got a vehicle to lend me so I rented a Ford Focus/Astra from Enterprise Renta-a-car. There weren't any of the class of car I'd ordered available on the day - but they had a Ford Kuga which I negotiated a price on - barely more than the Astra/Focus deal.....still the wrong side of £300 for 2 weeks. The dealer knows now that if the RRE is a no show (was made last week and I have a VIN for it) by Friday of this week then they need to find me a car.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
08-05-2012 11:28am
QUEEVO

Hire car

Budget for two months...!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
08-05-2012 11:28am
miller4isu

I also sold my car before the arrival of my RRE, and my delaer (in the US) offered to loan me a car (a Lexus) for 2 weeks.
08-05-2012 01:34pm
Sarcastrix

Enterprise. I tend to 15-20 per day for a Polo/Astra with them. Speak to your local branch (or a couple of them) direct rather than main sales number. Then buy an annual car hire excess insurance policy for £40 per year (covers whole of Europe) BIG savings to be made as enterprise charge 10 pounds a day for it.

http://www.carhireexcess.com/
http://www.theaa.com/insurance/car-hire-...rance.html

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
08-05-2012 05:50pm
Rossy100

Hire car

Thanks for the replies..... Especially the tip re excess insurance. Much appreciated.
08-05-2012 06:29pm
tyke2

Be careful of the annual excess policy. The one I have had excluded a hire within 150 miles of your home address.

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
09-05-2012 11:09am
johnboy

(08-05-2012 11:22am)Rossy100 Wrote:  Out of the blue (and by no means definite yet) I may have a agreed a sale on my current car. The problem with this is that it will leave me without a car for around a month until my Evoque is ready.

Any advice on good deals to hire a car for this period?

Alternatively, has anyone been able to get the LR dealer to lend them a car for a short time whilst waiting for delivery?

Thanks.
I sold my car on the 7th May and my build for the new car is now the 15th May and delivery later on in the Month.
I had told Pentland Edinburgh of my plight with out a car, and as long as I got insurance they gave me a loan of Freelander2 with only 14 miles on the clock, now that is what I call customer service

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
10-05-2012 05:30pm