Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High pitch nose from the reversing sensors
PhilSkill

RE: High pitch nose from the reversing sensors

(17-02-2012 12:10am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  the sensors are watertight, but not to the pressure that a pressure washer can generate, especially when it's held close to the car's body. 4 years ago I hastened the demise of my Defenders chassis by using a very high pressure pressure washer to get the mud off............. unfortunately it also removed lots of rust leaving me with an 18" long hole in the chassis box section.

Ouch, wide spread for the water jet required, i'm always a bit wary using the pressure washer on car, as have cut the surface off patio slabs with it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-02-2012 12:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

(17-02-2012 12:39am)fam1x Wrote:  well just went for a drive to check the noise again but enable to replicate the problem car seems to be working fine again Smile

It was maybe a high pitch scream from someone you just knocked overLaughing

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
17-02-2012 12:43am
mark_n

I think these car wash places are over enthusiastic with their use of a jet wash especially if the car is filthy and they also tend to use the more powerful versions.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-02-2012 07:46am
fam1x

(17-02-2012 12:43am)broady43 Wrote:  It was maybe a high pitch scream from someone you just knocked overLaughing

Thanks Broady Smile not run over anyone that didnt deserve to be run over hehehe.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
17-02-2012 09:53am
LR-Tech

(16-02-2012 11:17pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  This is a sign that one of the sensors may not be working properly. Could be one of two things - a) Is the car very dirty and the sensors dirty or b)Have you had the car pressure washed recently?
I haven't experienced it with my Evoque but I did with an RRS every winter when the car got very dirty after snow and the roads had been salted. The problem with pressure washers is that if the jet is directed straight at a sensor it can damage the covering and fill the sensor head with water. To find out which sensor is in fault get somebody to sit in the car with the engine running and the sensors switched on and walk close to the heads, you may hear one clicking, that is the faulty one!

If you put your ear to a parking sensor while reverse is engaged it SHOULD make a clicking noise, we have problems with park sensors all the time, if it's not the sensors it's the wiring
18-03-2012 12:26am